Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
Lighty

Exclamation miniPSF Channel muting HELP?

I'm a bit new, so bear with me. I have the FF7 miniPSFs, but I'm looking for a stand-alone player that will separate the channels, or mute certain channels. Or is there any way to do this, in general? I noticed a few other players out there, but I know absolutely nothing about open-source codes, or command line mumbo-jumbo. I get lost with those kind of things. I can play them as they are in WinAMP, but that's about it. In short, is there a simple way to mute or separate channels in a miniPSF file?
Lighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
piggz92

From my experiences, no. Even the creator of the PSF format, Neill Corlett, hasn't made something that can mute specific channels. From what he said, I think it may have had something to do with streamed PSF2s... Not sure though.
piggz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
tssf

When I was making these:

http://tssf.gamemusic.ca/Remakes/FF7Stuff/FF7DS/

I used PSF channel muting to make those IT files more accurate.. However, it's not what you think. I took my PSX copy of Final Fantasy 7 and popped it into ePSXe..then took a sound plug-in, which one I'm not sure..maybe Peter's or whatever. I dunno. B ut I know whichever plug-in I used had a sound debug mode where you could solo/mute channels that way. I think that's the route you're going to have to take.

So, channel-muting miniPSFs might not be possible, but channel muting the music in-game certainly is.
tssf is offline   Reply With Quote