Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Emulation News

Old 01-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

Default More soundfonts by TSSF

Mathew Valente a.k.a. TSSF, author of the Final Fantasy 4 and Final Fantasy 5 soundfonts already hosted here on ZD, as well as the completely homemade Mega Man 9 NSF file, has some additional soundfonts on his homepage. I have decided to add them to our Soundfonts Page. The newest additions include soundfonts for Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy 8 Demo Disc, Legend of Zelda OoT, and Legend of Zelda TMC. Check them out!

On a side note, this now wraps up my review of all of the Audio Players and Utilities. Feel free to send me a private message or post a news item if you see something that is worth adding to or updating on the site.

Now, *breathes deeply* on to the music archives!

Thanks again for visiting ZD! Peace,
-Montie
Old 01-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
tssf

Hmm that was unexpected!

These soundfonts are pretty old school, don't expect the world from them anyone..they weren't exactly meant for release like this.

In that regard, at least have fun making music with them.
tssf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

On a personal note, tssf, fantastic job on the MM9 NSF. I have an MP3 rip of the tunes from the actual games, and despite the limitations of the Nintendo Sound File format, the level of replication is commendable.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
tssf

Thank you for updating the NSF for me! I was going to submit it but never got around to it, not wanting to also tick off the content manager for the 2 previous updates I made to it!

I have other updates to it, however I'm not going to upload them anywhere..The S3M updates simply fix a few little transition notes I missed here and there in a few songs, but it would take too long to re-time it all, and rename all the tracks and everything for each and every update..so that version that's up, albeit slightly out of date and missing a few tiny unnoticeable things is satisfactory to me, I guess.

Thanks for upping the soundfonts as well. Glad Zophar's back on the map, it's been too long!
tssf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Isildur

Nice. I'm going to check some of those out. =) Thanks for the work, both of you.
Isildur is offline   Reply With Quote