Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2006, 02:45 AM   #61
Insomnia DMX
Senior Member
 
Insomnia DMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 264
Default Abuse of the topic...

Although I am a failure as a true Nihilist, and me posting an opinion like I care proves it, I think that both Sliver and Jaduss are right, but they're describing two different things. Sliver's talking about the physical parts of the body that make up the mind, and Jaduss is talking about different perceptions of reality. When Sliver said "Conciousness," I think he might've used the wrong word. Maybe he was seriously bent on using it, I don't know, but being the Nihilist that I am, it doesn't matter to me.

Lately, I've been reflecting on myself, on my motivation in life; I seemed content enough with things, but I wanted to know why... I read the wiki page on Nihilism, which is how I've been looking at things for a while before then, and I read:

"...nihilism can become a false belief, when it leads individuals to discard any hope of meaning in the world and thus to invent some compensatory alternate measure of significance."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I felt for a while that this was what I had done, what had created the empty space where my motivation should be. After about a week of continuing on, I came to a conclusion, the usual Nihilist conclusion, which I'm sure you can amagine... That isn't keeping me satisfied...

Today, I feel that we are all motivated by sensory experience. Whatever it is that we enjoy, I think that it is our senses that make it feel so good. What is the alternative? We're programmed to be this way in our genes, or so it seems. Our ancestors have created elaborate constructs that have integrated themselves within society, to avoid thinking this way. Either I am absorbed into the experiences of everyday life, or I'm depressed because I don't know why I'm doing what I'm doing. I probably will never quit, because I don't want to loose what I've made; what I've been working toward my whole life, but...

What motivates you, I'd like to see an alternative to nothing.

Jaduss, is it because you're god, and you must be god every day? Please explain to me, and know that I have open ears, unlike others. I've been told to read some of Nietzsche's work, and from what I've read at wikipedia, he seems to have some good ideas. Could you explain for me some of the stuff he talks about? Give me a nudge in the right direction, because you seem, at least from my perspective, to have it all figured out. At least give me some links to some of Nietzsche's stuff because, all I can find is the original German text.

Edit: Some of the stuff you've said almost sounds Nihilist, but, meh...
<P ID="signature">http://users.adelphia.net/~InsomniaDMX/My crappy little site.</a></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Insomnia DMX on 12/02/06 09:49 PM.</FONT></P>
Insomnia DMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:53 AM   #62
JadussD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: Abuse of the topic...

> Although I am a failure as a true Nihilist, and me posting
> an opinion like I care proves it, I think that both Sliver
> and Jaduss are right, but they're describing two different
> things.

Nihilism is about removing socially conditioned value, all the things that society tells you to think, so that your mind is empty of control, allowing each thought to come from your true heart. After that occurs, when even the idea that things are "true" or "false" is seen as subjective (and you'll be so empty and hopeless before the truth comes out) can one truly take control of their life from manipulators.

Basically, the idea is that the world is yourself away from yourself. But it is also NOT the world away from yourself, which is why it seems like this is not the case. Basically, you'll eventually discover that everything you think about and desire affects reality. You'll discover how basically, your true feelings manifest themselves in myriad ways throughout the world, creating the reality you experience. There is a state of mind in which what you read is you talking to yourself. Anything you say to someone is yourself talking to yourself. Fear and ignorance has driven you into a world of concepts and ideas which imprison you. You were not born when you were told you were born, you were born at your first memory. Your dreams are just as real as reality, just less predictable. It is the need for predictability and fear of responsiblity that creates the sicko world we live in. The world is an idea.

How can everyone be God? How about this: one day you'll know my thoughts, and one day I will know your thoughts. When you die, its like waking up from a dream...you wake up at the moment you remember your life.
<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:18 AM   #63
Insomnia DMX
Senior Member
 
Insomnia DMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 264
Default Re: Abuse of the topic...

Thanks, and one more question; what you just said, is that pretty much what Nietzsche's Ãœbermensch idea was about? If not, could you explain what exactly he meant when he was talking about that?

Edit: Specifically, the being God and realizing more about reality parts of what you said.
<P ID="signature">http://users.adelphia.net/~InsomniaDMX/My crappy little site.</a></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Insomnia DMX on 12/02/06 10:23 PM.</FONT></P>
Insomnia DMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:27 AM   #64
JadussD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: Abuse of the topic...

> Thanks, and one more question; what you just said, is that
> pretty much what Nietzsche's Ãœbermensch idea was about? If
> not, could you explain what exactly he meant when he was
> talking about that?

I'm not entirely sure. Nietzsche was very caught up in self and ego. It is possible that much of what he says is sarcastic, meant to mean something entirely different when viewed from a different angle. It's all very subjective.
<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:31 AM   #65
JadussD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: Abuse of the topic...

> I'm not entirely sure. Nietzsche was very caught up in self
> and ego. It is possible that much of what he says is
> sarcastic, meant to mean something entirely different when
> viewed from a different angle. It's all very subjective.

I would recommend checking out stuff on various movements such as gnosticism, the Rosicrucians (rosy cross) if you're familiar with Christianity, various works by Aleister Crowley. Start to also read everything in history as an explanation that only exists to fill in a memory you forgot.
<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:52 AM   #66
Insomnia DMX
Senior Member
 
Insomnia DMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 264
Default Re: Abuse of the topic...

I'll be reading up on stuff now. Google and Wikipedia can help me with everything else.

Thanks!
<P ID="signature">http://users.adelphia.net/~InsomniaDMX/My crappy little site.</a></P>
Insomnia DMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.