Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
ki0shiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Default Dragon Quest 3

I having problems applying the english patch to the rom. I unheadered the rom than applied the patch and it still didn't work. I saw the woman with the sword, than when I pressed a button the screen went black and froze.

Please help.
ki0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

Which English patch? There are several of them produced by several different groups.

Did you remove the header from an unpatched ROM? (As opposed to patching the ROM, realizing it needed the header removed, removing it and then patching the same ROM.)

Is your ROM in .SMC format? (And are you SURE that it's in .SMC format and not another format renamed .SMC?)

How are you applying the patch? If you're using anything other than Lunar IPS, try again with Lunar IPS.

Have you tested the clean ROM prior to patching just to make sure it isn't somehow corrupt?
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
ki0shiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Default

- I'm using [1323]DQ3 English Translation RC1.

- I removed the header before patching it to an unpatched ROM.

- I think it's in .SMC format and not renamed.

- I'm using Lunar IPS

- It worked when I tried to play it before patching it.
ki0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

You're using an old version of the patch. What you want is v1.1. That will probably fix your problem.

Incidentally, the [1323] at the beginning of that file name is part of RHDN's naming scheme. They add the [xxxx] to the beginning of all files uploaded to RHDN because they're too fucking stupid to figure out how to deal with like-named files. That naming scheme is in direct violation of the terms of many of the files they host which explicitly say NOT TO RENAME THE FUCKING ARCHIVES.

AND THEN SOME FUCKING MORON FROM HERE LEECHED THE FILE FROM RHDN AND WASN'T EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO REMOVE RHDN'S STUPID FUCKING FILE NAMING SYSTEM.

Nevermind the fact that the translation archive here is so fucking old that 95% of the patches here are ones I added 10 years ago. Don't EVER download patches from here. If you can't find the translator's own site, RHDN is usually up to date (except for the several translators who refuse to allow their work to be posted on RHDN.)

The official site for the DQIII translation you're wanting to play is here: http://www.dqtranslations.com/

PS: You forgot to brag about GET 100,000!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.