Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 10-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
oh yeah, because it's ALWAYS Vista's fault *rolls eyes*

I really get sick of everyone using Vista as a scapegoat, really ;/
Sure, Vista is more stable with the SPs, but on the industrial field, Vista is still way too unstable. Try Autocad, Orcad, Automation Studio, RSlogix (or any other PLC apps). Vista's enough for a home use, not more.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
hcs

In any case he isn't using Vista so this isn't really the thread to talk about it.
hcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcs View Post
In any case he isn't using Vista so this isn't really the thread to talk about it.
Ah, I though that he was. Must have misread.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
ToastyCheesy

yeah, it's easy enough to assume. Most people I know assume all noobs of the internet are just... new people, and by new people, that must mean they are new to computers. So, being they are new to computers, they must have just bought a computer of their own, so they must also have the latest and greatest OS.

Note these friends are also noobs, not that they are new to computers, but they haven't really improved over the years, I take it a step back and assume everyone has XP, it makes better sense to me, at least until late next year.
ToastyCheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #15
Triggs

i dont have anything against vista specifically, i mean its not like vista stole my girlfriend... its just xp is unstable and unreliable enough with all the years its been available and updates and service packs etc. everyday ill see such and such encountered a problem and needs to close or program A has stopped responding or critical memory address failure or error code 5555 explosion imminent. plus a thing that really pisses me off is when windows must download some "critical security fix" and then keeps popping that window up every 5 mins to remind u that windows needs to restart. one time i had a dvd burning and left the room and windows did an auto restart and ruined it. whenever its not coughing up errors in my face its not responding well enough to do it. microsofts monopoly means they can charge you 400 bucks for a buggy unfinished OS w/o consequence.
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #16
Kijutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
oh yeah, because it's ALWAYS Vista's fault *rolls eyes*

I really get sick of everyone using Vista as a scapegoat, really ;/
Says he who hates everything Apple without cause...
Kijutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
Triggs

well even tho this has turned into a "why i hate vista thread" i did figure out whats causing the problem. if i have play a nes song for any length of time and then play a psx song or any other game track for that matter, it will crash after it finishes playing the song. still dont know why exactly or how to fix it. ill try a different nes plugin. using nosefart nsf now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijutsu View Post
LOL, what would the world be without hypocrites eh? I always see both sides but i stick with windows because theres never a shortage of apps or support, the later being completely third party like these forums, never from MS... bastards
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #18
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijutsu View Post
I only hate the iPod because of it's hard disk. I prefer flash based memory for my mp3 players. Also, you can't change the battery yourself. You have to send your iPod to them and they'll do it for you for a certain sum of money (Which is higher than a Sansa battery with shipping if I recall correctly).

Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #19
Kijutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornellius View Post
I only hate the iPod because of it's hard disk. I prefer flash based memory for my mp3 players. Also, you can't change the battery yourself. You have to send your iPod to them and they'll do it for you for a certain sum of money (Which is higher than a Sansa battery with shipping if I recall correctly).
I just replaced the battery on my iPod for 10 bucks.

Yeah, you have to be able to use a ZIF socket for the battery connector, and have more than 2 braincells to accomplish it, but it can be done.
Kijutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #20
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggs View Post
if i have play a nes song for any length of time and then play a psx song or any other game track for that matter, it will crash after it finishes playing the song. still dont know why exactly or how to fix it. ill try a different nes plugin. using nosefart nsf now.
Well, getting back ON topic here, a good alternative is NotSoFatso, if you are looking for a different NSF plug-in.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote