Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #21
puduhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTiger View Post
I'm for Obama, and I'm happy to say I agree 100% with Danoz and Colin Powell.

McCain is a good guy, but I really question his ability to make decisions under pressure. I mean, really, Palin?! Sure, I'd do her, but that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for her. She's like the NASCAR of politicians.
Yeah she's a Nascar Christian alright.

My voter apathy is unless I voteswap on the net, it doesn't matter in this, the most Red state in the union. McCain ticket will be voted in by 90% here in good ol' Utah.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #22
Fla Flash
Staff (News -- Rom Hacking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoz View Post
Ah, yes. I should have realized this would have required some explaining. Another time.
My shift toward moderate/progressive politics happened gradually. I think McCain would probably make a decent president, but Sarah Palin's closed, archaic and Bush-like "everyman" mentality frightens me to no end. The Danoz who quoted Sean Hannity and pelted this room with riots ceases to exist entirely... I work for a non-profit global health center in Washington, D.C. that combats HIV/AIDs, Malaria, etc. -- I'm not nearly as concerned with domestic politics as I used to be-- and when I finally returned to partisan issues I found myself far less conservative.

OH MY GOD...who's next?

Quasius?

Nice to see you Danoz. We finally agree on something. I'm voting for Obama also.
Fla Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoz View Post
Who are you voting for?
I voted for the NDP :P

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:00 AM   #24
Triggs

I've seen alot i agree with and dont. I vote for who i believe in and who runs the best campaign. by best i mean alot of things. attacking your opponent and trying to make him seem like a terrorist instantly loses my respect, plus none stop transparent, hypocritical and just plain idiotic statements. Lying about a person being a terrorist is comparable to lying about a country having nuclear weapons (well on a not so grand scale). The things one does in a campaign reflects ones moral compass and the kind of things he will do to get to the ends he seeks. Now i always see both sides of the equation and they've both come down to attacking each other, but attacking ones agenda and policies they've backed is fair game. attacking ones race/nationality which has nothing to do with ability to lead and do whats right for his country, is unethical and immoral and stupid. I firmly believe that the only reason mccain has so much support is the shear number of redneck inbred morons in the country. Thats what i get if somebody says they'll vote for anybody but obama, no matter how they say it. ill vote for mccain or a third party came off as just that. i dont know what those parties are offering, but it doesnt matter, obamas black so ill just flip a coin and vote for one of the others. I'd vote for anybody of any color and gender if they make me believe they'll do what they can to support people like me and to keep this nation great. Back when hilary was vying for the democratic position a friend of mine said he wouldnt vote for her cuz shes a woman. that kinda pissed me off. its just the dumbest thing i ever heard him say and thats what elections come down to. stupid people voting for stupid reasons. black people voting for obama because hes black is just as stupid as not voting for him for the same reason. every racist is quick to scream "Colin Powel is only backing obama cuz he's black'" but refuse to admit why obama's not enjoying a landslide victory. eh i cant really think anymore.

More of a babbling rant than an intelligible post like some i've seen. well im tired and irritated.
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #25
Reaper man

I'll just leave this here...
Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #26
Lenophis

What in the holy hell has happened? Danoz has gone insane, and D is showing logic.

I'm either in hell or the Twilight Zone.

I'm also voting for Obama.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #27
D--

I'm just so far above you all that, more often than not, you fail to grasp my logic. I chose the bubblegum example to make this post more accessible.

Congratulations on catching it this time.
D-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 AM   #28
Adremalech The Wroth

my final words are......
i rest my case.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #29
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adremalech The Wroth View Post
my final words are......
i rest my case.
O_o Is this a photoshop or a 'real' picture? If it is 'real' I must know where it was taken. :P

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #30
Adremalech The Wroth

its real and full of awesome.