Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
stillgrowingup

Default Pj64 - Rogue Squadron won't work

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and new to the project64.

I've tried downloading all the video and audio plug-in's. Maybe it's just that I don't know how to configure the set up, but I can't get Rogue Squadron to play clearly. When it loads, video is distorted but sound is clear. Also sometimes when I play GoldenEye things will be missing . . . like walls. Walls are gone when I go to full screen. Hope you all can help. If I have to use another emulator, so be it.

Thanks
Tony
stillgrowingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Reaper man

moving to general emulation...
Old 11-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
The 9th Sage

Sounds like a video plug-in issue. Not sure specifically what to suggest though, as I don't really have the game here to try and see if I have the same problem.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
stillgrowingup

that's what i'm guessing. its a video plug-in issue. What I don't know, is the solution. Or should I use another emlator for the N64.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
Iconoclast

Rogue Squadron uses a custom microcode not part of Nintendo's identity list. Some graphics plugins like Rice's plugins have developed substitutional support but do not really simulate the microcode effects.

Your best bet is to install Nemu64. Main Nemu site is down; v0.8 is mirrored here at Zophar's Domain. Lemmy developed a graphics plugin for Nemu64 with some optimal work on the game, but Project64 1.6 can't load his plugin. Mupen64 can't attempt because it presumes memory expansion pak emulation by force, and 1964 has internal problems that won't let you get in-game with any plugin.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
stillgrowingup

I'll try that. thanks.

So where do I get the Lemmy plugin?

This is what I'm trying to do, the short story. My house got flooded in sept by Hurrican IKE. I lost every thing. All my console systems, NES, SNES, Gensis, N64, PS2, and GameCube. Not to mention my home computer and DVD player, etc... I'm trying to get my collection back easily as possible. I figured a Computer can do that. Get the Emulators and Roms. There's my console and games. Computer's play DVD's and can play TV with turner cards. And that will be my entertainment center. Merge them all in to 1 and I have my stuff back. So any news and links that can help my achieve this goal, is welcomed. I got the NES, SNES and Gensis fiqured out. Just the N64, PS2 and Gamecube is what I need to fiqured out now.

Last edited by Reaper man; 11-14-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: try not to double post
Old 11-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #7
Iconoclast

Nemu64 is mirrored on this site. The main website is down though. Coincidentally it comes with Lemmy's D3D8 a.k.a. "Nemu64 Graphics". You also want to enter the plugin config through Nemu64 and enable the "Force Z Clear" setting to help with the geometry.

There is also a low-level RDP plugin made through ziggy's research. It will only work on 1964 for this game, as that emulator can use the RSP module needed for the plugin to work.
z64 Graphics

Whichever you choose I doubt you'll be pleased at the graphical results. You might be able to get in-game, but I've never read anyone who could complete the first level. Most people just bought the PC version of this game and went with that.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgrowingup View Post
I'll try that. thanks.

So where do I get the Lemmy plugin?

This is what I'm trying to do, the short story. My house got flooded in sept by Hurrican IKE. I lost every thing. All my console systems, NES, SNES, Gensis, N64, PS2, and GameCube. Not to mention my home computer and DVD player, etc... I'm trying to get my collection back easily as possible. I figured a Computer can do that. Get the Emulators and Roms. There's my console and games. Computer's play DVD's and can play TV with turner cards. And that will be my entertainment center. Merge them all in to 1 and I have my stuff back. So any news and links that can help my achieve this goal, is welcomed. I got the NES, SNES and Gensis fiqured out. Just the N64, PS2 and Gamecube is what I need to fiqured out now.

holy shit dude, my condolences o.o

anyway, unless you have a top of the line PC, you can forget about PS2 emulation and gamecube emulation is too far in its early stages for it to be feasible, just so you know..
Old 11-14-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
gamecube emulation is too far in its early stages for it to be feasible, just so you know..
That's starting to be not true these days. I've seen some pictures and videos that look pretty good.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
stillgrowingup

This is what I have for a Computer. Intel board and processor 2.8MHz, 1gig ram PC2700, on-board Video and audio. I have a newer sound card with fiber optic output. But I'm wanting a better video card so I hook up to my TV. This computer does NOT have express ports.

i tried geting the nemu64 to work. i got nothing. Almost every rom game I have nevered showed me a pic. Just a grey screen. I couple games did try and load, but it said errors on the bottom of the screen and just stayed black.
urgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm thinking to just get a Wii and that will play my GameCube games. After all, only my cartridges just ruined. You can clean a disc. So the whole PS2 thing has got my stomped.