Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Goku

Default Kids...

I wonder how many of the older ZD posters have kids now (one still around anywho).

I have two and one on the way. The one on the way happened because i have been delaying a visit to the ball sack surgeon. Some how, someone cutting into there does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

How many people here love their children but cannot stand them? You know what i mean. You care for them but when they start screaming and screaming because they do not get something they want - you want to throw them against the wall.

And no, corporal punishment does not seem to work. It is a waste of effort. It just raises volume. Time outs - they just laugh and ignore you.

Oh yeah, this is one of those oft mentioned drunk posts.
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Azul Fria
Ice Queen Zero

While I'm not an ancient poster, I got one myself as July and I'm pretty much still a kid myself as I'll be 17 in a few days and I've been updating the front page since I was 12.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
Goku

ZD is in a kind of sad state. I miss the days when there were a tonne of people here posting. I miss arguing with Quasius over liberal and conservative ideas....

Oh yeah, another drunk post.

Yeah, I am doing these alot lately.
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
STiger

Had my first kid in February, a boy. Sometimes it can be frustrating when I don't know what he wants, but mostly he just makes me happier. He's too young for punishment yet, but he's almost at that age where we'll have to start with discipline.

Looks like ZMD is really and truly dead now. It's a shame, but I guess nothing in life lasts forever.
STiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #5
pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiger View Post
Looks like ZMD is really and truly dead now. It's a shame, but I guess nothing in life lasts forever.
I would love to take this site under my wing. Funny is that I don't even know who owns the thing when swampgas left. There was one dude and a "mystery owner" and that's all I know of it.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
InVerse

Edman bought a portion of the site from SwampGas, SwampGas still owns a chunk of it. They're still making money from morons who don't use adblock and don't know that there are better sites to choose from, so they're completely unmotivated to do anything constructive.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
ZD is in a kind of sad state. I miss the days when there were a tonne of people here posting. I miss arguing with Quasius over liberal and conservative ideas....
I never thought I'd say this, but I miss you arguing with Quasius over liberal and conservative ideas too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
Edman bought a portion of the site from SwampGas, SwampGas still owns a chunk of it. They're still making money from morons who don't use adblock and don't know that there are better sites to choose from, so they're completely unmotivated to do anything constructive.
Heh, well there's something finally that we both can agree on. Still, rather sad when you remember it as it once was.

To answer the topic in the first post...to give the short version of the story, my GF has a kid and she's mine now too. We grew really close to one another. She's a good kid. I've known them both since she was 2. She's going into first grade now...it feels like they grow up so fast. Heh, not that she hasn't a-ways to go, but you know what I mean.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
kaluce

It's been a long time. No. No kids yet. I'm 26, and I've been floating around for years on this site under a different name. I came here after the plasticman site shut down way back when. I think it was about 2001 or so.

I'll pop in here and there, but it's nothing like it was when it was at it's peak. You'd go away for an hour, and there'd be a whole new page of posts and questions on the forums, new releases were posted, and all sorts of stuff happened. it felt like a family. A very dysfunctional family, but still a family. I even had my own drunk post from when I was SERIOUSLY trashed for the first time. Seems like a really long time ago now-a-days.
kaluce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
Flash

My son is 26. He just got married...this getting old thing is finally kicking in, I guess. :P
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
wingless
Ultimate Female

Hey guys... I totally squeezed a person out of my vagina. She's almost 2 years now and her name is Sam after Samus... just don't tell her dad that. hehehe.
wingless is offline   Reply With Quote