Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
SenorKaffee

Question

I'm currently trying to get Rule of Rose to run in emulation because I need footage for a videopodcast featuring this forgotten gem. Game works fine in PCSX2, but I can't see videos unless I switch to software rendering. Which is alright, because it was quite easy to rip those with FMVTool2.

Now, the ripped videos are without sound - the audio has to hide somewhere in those STR files (example file attached). I just can't find a way to get it out of there and converted to something usable like WAV.

PSMPlay does not really like to cooperate with Windows 7 and if I try to feed it an STR file copied to the hard drive it tells me "Sector not found" or does not react at all. Is there any alternative, maybe a special version of FFMPEG?

A few programs claim to be able to convert STR files, but it looks like they are about a different format/container with the same suffix.

EDIT: Hm - I'm getting a little closer. PSound does not directly recognize the format, but converts it after a scan. The result resembles a slowed down version of the audio information, but is also distorted in another way. Weird.
Attached Files
File Type: zip s000931.str.zip (1.17 MB, 247 views)
SenorKaffee is offline   Reply With Quote