Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 AM   #1
bigmouthstrikes

Default FF3 Sprite Palletes

I am brand new at hacking ROMs. I am trying to change the pallete on a sprite, which it is my understanding, that you can do at the creation of the sprite. In this case, i want to change Gogo's pallete into one that matches my created sprite. Anyway, I have no idea how to edit events, or what event I'm looking for, or what I do when I find it. Its frusterating, and I was wanting to know if any of you could help me.
<P ID="signature"></P>
bigmouthstrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Disch

Default Re: FF3 Sprite Palletes

<a href=http://www.romhacking.net/?category=&Platform=9&game=&author=&perpage=20&pag e=documents&level=&docsearch=Go&title=&desc=palett e>try here</a>
<P ID="signature"></P>
Disch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
bigmouthstrikes

> try here
>
Okay, the link was nice and the second DL on the list is perfect for what I'm trying to do, but the program's readme makes no sense, I can't get it to work, and it still doesn't tell me how to find the event in which this sprite was created.

It's just pissing me off. I need to modify Gogo's sprite, but I can't do it without modifying every other sprite that shares the pallete. I would like to change his palette to one totally seperate, but in order to make that work, I have to find the event that it was created in. As yet, I have no way of doing that. I am also clueless at hex editing, and I need the offset number of the event if I so much as want to use the program. I have no idea what the event is, how to find it, or what to do when I have the nubmer. It's extremely frusterating.
<P ID="signature"></P>
bigmouthstrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
Disch

I'm not sure where you got this "event" info. In my experience, objects are assigned general palette IDs and those palette IDs correspond to an actual collection of colors. Therefore if you just change the colors and not the assigned ID, every object that shares that ID will be affected.

This can be somewhat remedied by finding and changing the assigned ID. Though searching for this information via its "event" (which I can only assume you mean tracing the code) is probably overkill. You might be able to find this kind of information with a corrupter.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...ic,4424.0.htmlhere is a thread</a> that roughly outlines corruption.

> It's just pissing me off.
[snip]
> It's extremely frusterating.

ROM hacking takes patience above all else. Even if you know exactly how to do the work, it's generally tedious and drawn out.
<P ID="signature"></P>
Disch is offline   Reply With Quote