Ice Queen Zero

Default bsnes v0.056

Changes:
  • lowered Game Boy audio volume so that it matches SNES audio volume;
  • fixed Super Game Boy multi-player support;
  • fixed Super Game Boy swapped player bug;
  • compressed Game Boy cartridges can now be loaded;
  • added save state support for Super Game Boy games;
  • blocked illegal Super Game Boy packets, fixes Zelda DX, Akumajou Dracula, etc palette issues;
  • main window once again shrinks on size changes;
  • joypads can now control the file loading window (support is very rudimentary);
  • cleaned up video and audio sliders, increased audio input frequency range for 59hz monitors;
  • rewrote all of the input capture system from scratch;
  • added dozens of additional GUI hotkey bindings to resize the main window, control synchronization, control speed, etc;
  • it is now possible to map keyboard modifiers (shift, control, alt, super) to any input or hotkey; eg alt+enter = fullscreen;
  • merged all input capture windows into the main settings panel;
  • added turbo button support; hold down turbo buttons to send a 30hz input pulse;
  • added asciiPad controller emulation; contains off/turbo/auto fire toggles and slow-motion mode;
  • asciiPad support allows for quick switching between keyboard and gamepad input;
  • merged scanline filter into the user interface (under Video Settings) to allow it to work on all filters; including the NTSC filter.
  • killed off an evil QString <> string intermediary class called utf8; string class can convert to and from QString directly now;
  • added fast BS-X, Sufami Turbo and Game Boy cartridge loading: use the filter list under "Load Cartridge" to bypass the BIOS selection screen;
  • added pixel shader support to the OpenGL driver on Windows and Linux; note that it only really works well on Linux at the moment;
  • added proper Vsync support to the OpenGL driver on Windows and Linux using GL extensions; again this really only works well on Linux;
  • added unique path memory for shaders, folders, cartridges, BS-X, Sufami Turbo and Game Boy images;
  • upgraded to Qt 4.6.0 release candidate 1; fixes an issue with the first checkbox in lists not updating when clicked.

Download the emulator here or at http://byuu.org/
Old 11-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
Reaper man

Awesome fixes to the super gameboy support.

I still wish he'd fix the video renderers though. That would be nice...
Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
byuu

Thanks, but fix what video renderers?

Also, I had to bump to v057 due to a serious bug in the new version of Qt that I overlooked
Sorry for the extra work.
byuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by byuu View Post
eh, I just can't seem to get a stable FPS with your emu, not matter what renderer I try. I know it isn't a hardware bottleneck, since turning all the syncing off produces 90FPS (at least, with the super game boy emulation). I'm lost as to how to get it nice and smooth like say in ZSNES. My only guess is unoptimized sync code maybe? *shrug*
Old 11-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
byuu

Windows Vista and Windows 7 ruin things badly with DWM. For now you can try turning it off for bsnes (or your entire system, though that's rather extreme). Plan to add some patches by Steve Snake in there eventually.

If your issue is on XP, I have no idea. Make sure you have 60hz (most LCD monitors lie and use 59hz even though they "say" 60hz), and try adjusting settings->configuration->audio->input frequency. IIRC, left lowers tearing but increases audio crackling, and right goes the other way. Each monitor has a "sweet spot" where you won't get either for at least half an hour.

On the downside, finding the right value that one time sucks. On the bright side, it doesn't distort pitch (sample stretching / contraction), force drop video frames every ten seconds (triple buffering) or violate hardware accuracy (running a second DSP to generate samples ahead of your current position like ZSNES and Snes9X).
byuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by byuu View Post

Also, I had to bump to v057 due to a serious bug in the new version of Qt that I overlooked
Sorry for the extra work.
Oh, and by the way...it's not a problem. That's what we're here for.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote