Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 08-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
5eekerR1ch4rdRah1

Default Wild Arms 2 problem

I'm running Wild Arms 2 on psxfin. The emulator can and does run other images (bin/cue & ccd/sub/img) fine as well as reading discs.

When I try and run the Wild Arms 2 iso I have from here it gets past the Media Vision screen and then has a black screen with some illegable text that's in a black filled font with partial white boardering. Behind that is a red struck through circle like you see on a no smoking sign.

I had this same problem on a Wild Arms 2 iso I got at emuparadise as well. An ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks
5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Reaper man

Sounds like the CD has some sort of protection on it. You may have to find a patch. Out of curiosity though, did you try in on another emulator, like epsxe?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
5eekerR1ch4rdRah1

No I hadn't. Would that really help the matter though?

If it is protected how would I get around that?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 View Post
No I hadn't. Would that really help the matter though?
It would if there's a problem with psxfin's emulation that doesn't exist in another emulator.

As for how to get around protection, if that's the case... If you're lucky, someone else has already figured out a way around the protection and created a patch for it. If you're not lucky, you'll have to figure out how to hack the game yourself, which pretty much requires knowledge of the PSX's processor and associated assembly language.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
5eekerR1ch4rdRah1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
It would if there's a problem with psxfin's emulation that doesn't exist in another emulator.
If I were to use the actual disc instead of an iso would that avoid the problem? I'd prefer not to have to go through the hassle of setting up another emulator just for one game.

Quote:
As for how to get around protection, if that's the case... If you're lucky, someone else has already figured out a way around the protection and created a patch for it. If you're not lucky, you'll have to figure out how to hack the game yourself, which pretty much requires knowledge of the PSX's processor and associated assembly language.
Translation: I'm screwed :P I barely understand Java let alone the inner workings of a PS.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #6
Reaper man

if you have the disk... try using it first, and if that doesn't work, make a RAW 1:1 copy as a ISO and try using that. If both those fail... some googling around stated that using a PAL BIOS might fix the issue (you're on your own finding one). Finally, if none of those work, there's a patch available, but I can't give it to you due to the forum rules forbidding it (it's a crack circumventing copy protection). Try finding it on your own, it shouldn't be hard.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #7
5eekerR1ch4rdRah1

Thanks. You guys have been a big help.