Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
darklink99

Post Playstation 3 store

Why do guys think Sony is holding back on putting final fantasy games on the store? I would think it would be the first games on there? Considering the sales they got from that game. I would really be happy if they put final fantasy 7 on there. I have not been able to play that game for a long time. The cool thing about the store is that the games are data. And no matter how many times you play it data can not be scratched.
darklink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
The 9th Sage

That doesn't have much to do with Sony, that would have to do with Square-Enix. They do the same thing with the Wii's Shop Channel. Probably, they aren't putting the original games up there since they think it hurts their options on things like 'remakes'. (see Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Umiliphus

Final Fantasy 7 is going back into the Disney Vault!
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Reaper man

I would kill for an FFVII remake
Old 09-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
AkaneJones

Ian's right they don't want to release games that they rerelease as remakes. I don't think Final Fantasy 1-9 or Dragon Quest 1-7 will be on any of these any time soon. Although I can't figure out why they haven't considered Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Robotrek, 7th Saga, or Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. I just don't see them remaking them anytime soon. I'd say that Treasure Hunter G & Mystic Ark(7th Saga's sequel) could benefit from such thing. Seiken Densetsu 3 is in a odd place though. They remade Final Fantasy Adventure twice, Sword of Mana & a more faithful to original for celphones, but haven't moved on to Secret of Mana. It leaves SD3 in that odd place of Japan only on such a big series. One could however say the same of the SaGa series.

I should also point out SE bought Taito so they own the Lufia license which is why we've seen nothing of it of late. I'm unsure of SE's plans with that. Taito was supposed to have remade Lufia using 2's sprites for celphones at one point, like after Lufia 4, the series's biggest failures. So the idea for remakes is there also, which kind of kills the idea for Lufia 1 & 2 also.
AkaneJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:25 AM   #6
The 9th Sage

Yes, we need to see Lufia and Soul Blazer. I hadn't known Square had the licencse to Lufia. That explains why we haven't seen it I guess.

At least they are bringing out Secret of Mana eventually (Seiken Densetsu 2 IS out on the Japanese Shop Channel actually, saw it when I was going there to buy Rondo of Blood).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote