Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 10-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #1
Glass

Default My MP3 player is broke

Well, not really. Some while ago while I was listening to my MP3 player there was this huge *CLICK* noise and my ear got zapped by a static charge or something. Anyways, after that I can only hear sound from the MP3 player if I push the headphone jack into the plug in a certain way. It's definitely not a problem with the headphones since they work just fine on other players, and other headphones don't work with the MP3.

Anyways, I've finally gotten annoyed enough with the MP3 player since I basically have to have at least one free hand to press the jack against the side of the plug. Any suggestions as to how to fix it...?
<P ID="signature"></P>
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:18 AM   #2
PetMetroid

Default Re: My MP3 player is broke

That happened to my old iPod (that's why I went back to refusing Apple products again.) I would only get one channel unless I pressed it a certain way. I figured that the jack was cheap, or cheaply assembled, especially since I use a pair of giant Sennheiser headphones. If you're under warranty, take it to a dealer and demand that it is fixed. If it's a big player that can be disassembled easily, maybe you could fix it yourself. If you ever decide to get a new MP3 player, size matters; get a big one that is less subject to breaking (not the iPod.)
<P ID="signature">CAUTION:
Do NOT feed the metroids!</P>
PetMetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Glass

Yeah, mine is one of those USB flash drive-type thingies and doesn't really have any noticeable seams I can pry open.

Also it's probably not under warranty since it was bought a long time ago, and I don't really feel like dealing with the Chinese company that manufactured the MP3 player.
<P ID="signature"></P>
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Laminate

I had the same thing happen to me. I opened it up and low and behold, the jack was dislodged from the board. A little bit of solder and it was just fine.

<P ID="signature"></P>
Laminate is offline   Reply With Quote