Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
oll-bogolo

Default help me please

how do i sprite in my pokemon sapphire on my vba??please reply!!!!!!!
oll-bogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Reaper man

obey your thirst?

you aren't making much sense. Do you mean editing the sprites in the game? I think you need a special utility to decompress/recompress the graphics.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:32 AM   #3
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
obey your thirst?

you aren't making much sense. Do you mean editing the sprites in the game? I think you need a special utility to decompress/recompress the graphics.
I'm positive there are tools to do this, but unfortunately I don't know what they are called. I do know that I've seen hacks with terribly 'shoe-horned' in graphics culled from photos, so there must be some easy way to do it. lol

The archive is a bit out of date, so if I were you I would check romhacking.net.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
AkaneJones

Man this is the kind of stuff the kills so many hacks. I personally had an idea to hack Pokémon once, but quicky discovered all the Pokémon/Trainer graphics were compressed except Mew and gave up.

Really, some one ought to make an update to a program like tile layer pro to include common graphic compression routines for NES/SNES/GB/ect., so you don't run in to this problem so much. The fact that you need to to find silly special programs that often get old for one off games gets old. Mario World had one which you had to use with Lunar Magic to do it's sprites. Infact it was supposed to do Zelda to but I never got it work that way. It ended up easier to just view the sprite table in Hyrule Magic after it was released. Point is there are common compression schemes but never do tile programs handle them.

Oh and yes it'd probably be inserted file libraries for specific game/companies. At leased that's the way programs like Susie work for viewing all those wonky graphics formats japanese pc games have.

Last edited by AkaneJones; 08-23-2008 at 12:45 PM.
AkaneJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Iconoclast

For VBA there must be something. N64GFX 2.0 was released a few months ago, and that has some SNES support.

Yeah I noticed there was some kind of TMEM compression for most N64 games, or the tool only worked for Zelda Ocarina of Time. I dumped icon_index=1 to a new image file full of null bytes I created with LemAsm, got a hex editor and knew what to search for in the game image, and dumped the entire icon map. This works with even Super Mario 64 for neither high color nor true color (having noticed all 16 b/px bitmaps).
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
wajiguqu0223
Banned

Default being beefed up

have no problem with 'boss' mobs being beefed up, and raid mobs being super beefed up, but when you segregate all of the EQ2 content into solo and group mobs then, really, much like instances, you are trying to get around the need for enough content. I think the key here is to build in a reasonable balance between grouping and soloing such that people will have a reason to group more than just the fact that the developer decided to give certain goblins three times more hit points and four times more strength

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Last edited by Reaper man; 08-29-2008 at 02:25 AM.
wajiguqu0223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #7
Umiliphus

I once used a forum where people thought I was a robot. I like to think I did a better job impersonating a human than that, thought.
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote