Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Emulation News

Old 01-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
fixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Did you ever try putting a modified build of Android on it? No? Then you're doing it wrong.
Actually, yes, i did. Being hard core embedded and linux developer, i've tried a lot. My point is, that without serious modding ALL of current android phones suck at battery life and performance. But, hell, with hacking you can boot android on iphone, but what does it prove?
Aside from this, i'm considering the android port.
fixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
yoyofr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixel View Post
P.S. try to play sample file "turrican 2 intro" in the other app, that you've mentioned . You're getting what you're paying for ... choppy, stuttering sound.
Hi Fixel, I'm the author of modizer.
I haven't tried your player yet, but it seems interesting from what I read.
My goal is not to start a war between Anyplay and Modizer but I have to react when wrong things are said.

Turrican 2 intro is probably the song I use the most to test UADE playback, and its working flawlessly on iPhone 3GS & faster device. Of course on iPhone 3G it's choppy since it basically requires to emulate an Amiga. I believe the upcoming iAmiga emulator also ask for a 3GS at minimum. I don't think Anyplay can handle TFMX file and emulate a real amiga, am I wrong ?

Moreover, regarding the size comparison. I'm sure that as a coder you know that a binary cannot be 40Mo for such software. Modizer has an integrated database of more than 300 000 entries, pointing to ftp/http links, allowing direct download of files (mod, sid, nsf, spc, ...) This DB is nearly 30Mo and there are also sample files provided in the package.

I think it's easier for the end user to have the database ready after app download instead of having to download it at 1st launch. Perhaps I'm wrong

So please continue to work on building a great software, heavily optimized for battery life and don't say wrong things on my app
yoyofr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #13
fixel

Hi yoyofr, i'm not here to start the war either. I apologize for any incorrect statement made. I didn't dissect the app to check the content, and 30Mb (Mo) for dbase seems to be about right. I respect the work you've done to bring it all together. I'm trying little different approach -- i'm trying to bring quality to the emulated sound; i've been using my app to listen and improve quality since iPhone SDK was released, adding new format after careful study. Battery life, as iphone owner, was always important to me and i had to do a lot of try-and-fail attempts to keep it good.
Anyways, please PM me and i'll send you the coupon for the app store to try it.
P.S. -- i've coded amiga emulator for ios in early 2009, but it was never approved by apple. it worked pretty fast (getting real A1200 speed) on ipod touch 1st gen, so by my experience, i can tell, it is possible to have decent TFMX playback on any ios device. PM me for details.
fixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
yoyofr

thanks for your reply!

I was a real assembly addicted coder a few years ago and spent a lot of time on optimizing my code. I remember the time spent on writing 6502 or 65c816 emulators in arm assembly for gp32 & palm ;-) or optimizing snes9xTYL for psp.
Right now I think it takes too much time since my goal with modizer was to cover as much formats as possible with little time to code, but I think your
approach is probably the best one, knowing it will take more time!

I wish you the best with anyplay!
yoyofr is offline   Reply With Quote