Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2003, 12:24 AM   #1
type_x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,512
Default Horror

I saw a neurologist today for my wrist paralyzation problem (which began two weeks ago), and got some bad news. A series of tests involving a needle in my muscles and an electronic pulse readout revealed I have "Radial Nerve Palsy" in my right hand/ wrist. Essentially the nerve which controls the up motion in my fingers and wrist is severed. It's somewhat rare, and the paralyzation symptoms may last for six to eight weeks. The most shocking and terrifying thing he told me was that my right hand may not ever function completely again. This is completely unnacceptable to me at this point, I'm an artist and a musician and I need my right hand like I need my eyes. I'm going to avoid bursting out in a fit of rage and despair for now. I'm praying it recovers completely. No, I'm counting on it.

<P ID="signature"></P>
type_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
puduhead
Senior Member
 
puduhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,403
Default Re: Horror

Oh man, that is terrible. Did he mention what's the odds (%) of it fully recovering within the alloted time? Also, did he mention anything you can do or take to aid in your recovery?

I really hope you get full use back dude. you deserve it of course.

<P ID="signature"><img src=http://files.villagephotos.com/members/getfile.asp?file=\2003-9\26468\puduhead.jpg></P>
__________________
puduhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:32 AM   #3
Reaper man
Member
 
Reaper man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,409
Default Re: Horror

eeeeegh... that really sucks ;/

I mean I dunno know what I would do without my good working left hand <img src=smilies/erm.gif>

I think April (RXqueen) would shoot herself in the head if something happened to her left hand. And OMG April and April April. Or April with April. April April April April April April April April April [/wingless]

<P ID="signature"><center><img src=http://bmecoli.home.comcast.net/images/404_cop.jpg width=185 height=157>
suspect not found...</center></P>
__________________
Reaper man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:35 AM   #4
puduhead
Senior Member
 
puduhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,403
Default Re: Horror

*sigh*

this isn't the thread for your jokes dude.

<P ID="signature"><img src=http://files.villagephotos.com/members/getfile.asp?file=\2003-9\26468\puduhead.jpg></P>
__________________
puduhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:13 AM   #5
Kuikorosu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: Horror

Okay. Did he mention why this happened? Did it involve falling asleep on your hand, or were other factors at work?



<P ID="signature"></P>
Kuikorosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:13 AM   #6
Phoenix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 716
Default Re: Horror

> I saw a neurologist today for my wrist paralyzation problem
> (which began two weeks ago), and got some bad news. I'm going to avoid
> bursting out in a fit of rage and despair for now. I'm
> praying it recovers completely. No, I'm counting on it.

ah, man. I'm sorry to hear that.. It's got to come back.. I'll pray for ya in every way I know how, kneel by my bed, burn incense, cross my fingers, rub a rosary, and cross my toes.. I just really hope it comes back 100 %.

<P ID="signature"><img src=http://www.angelfire.com/games3/shawn10000/hex.txt height=150 alt="Thanks Shawn!"> "Shhh.. hear the music..!" "what Music?" "The sound of one hand clapping"
</P>
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:08 AM   #7
wingless
Ultimate Female
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 2,402
Default Re: Horror

> It's somewhat rare, and the paralyzation symptoms may last
> for six to eight weeks. The most shocking and terrifying
> thing he told me was that my right hand may not ever
> function completely again.

Would this have happened whether you slept on your wrist weird or not? I'm sorry about this, man. You're a strong person, though. I'm sure that everything will end up okay.... and I'm not the type to bullshit people and say that when I dont seriously believe it.

<P ID="signature"><center>http://www.livejournal.com/users/drkstdays/</center></a></P>
wingless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:17 AM   #8
type_x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,512
Default Re: Horror

> Oh man, that is terrible. Did he mention what's the odds
> (%) of it fully recovering within the alloted time? Also,
> did he mention anything you can do or take to aid in your
> recovery?
>
Well, aside from physical therapy twice a week (which I started today) he gave me a brace for my wrist and recommended I do this stretch using my left hand to pull my right fingers back. That's about all I can do for now.

> I really hope you get full use back dude. you deserve it of
> course.
>
Thanks, John. Your support means a lot. You are the man, after all.<img src=smilies/thumb.gif>

<P ID="signature"></P>
type_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:28 AM   #9
type_x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,512
Default Re: Horror

> Would this have happened whether you slept on your wrist
> weird or not?

Apparently that was the catalyst, but this is a problem which could have been developing over a long period of time. I'm very aggressive with my hands (<img src=smilies/magbiggrin.gif>...snicker) No, seriously I abuse my hand all day. At work I'm typing, hammering, using heavy equipment, lifting heavy merchandise, putting immense pressure on wrenches working on cars, removing wheels, tightening lug nuts, etc.. On my free time I'm drawing, playing guitar, typing, doing a lot of high-pressure manual work on my own car, working out, and generally using the shit out of my hands all day, every day. So sleeping on it wrong and compressing that (already damaged) nerve was more likely the final nail in the coffin.

> I'm sorry about this, man. You're a strong
> person, though. I'm sure that everything will end up
> okay.... and I'm not the type to bullshit people and say
> that when I dont seriously believe it.

I can feel your positive energy healing it already. It's gonna be alright, I just know it. Thank you!


<P ID="signature"></P>
type_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:32 AM   #10
type_x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,512
Default Re: Horror

> ah, man. I'm sorry to hear that.. It's got to come back..
> I'll pray for ya in every way I know how, kneel by my bed,
> burn incense, cross my fingers, rub a rosary, and cross my
> toes.. I just really hope it comes back 100 %.
>

Aww, you're a sweetheart. Thank you for the support and for your positive energy, that's the kind of thing that heals from inside. Much love to ya.


<P ID="signature"></P>
type_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.