Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Website Talk > Site Questions / Suggestions

Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #31
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
He did? He might have, but it didn't look like it. Three-or-so days ago I pmed him this

"Hi Reaper man,

I'm still up for maintenance on at least N64 updates, and as far as plugins go it looks like there may actually be some news updates since dead old 2008 for the HLE scene."

Just no reply, it's ok either way, nothing wrong with it
I have been busy/lazy as of recent. I'm having 9th sage take care of some of the interview stuff. After that we'll review the information gathered and make decisions from there.

Oh, and may I remind you all that news posting/updating has increased substantially since I hired those two new members. My plan is going quite nicely.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #32
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
My plan is going quite nicely.
Why, all of a sudden, do I picture Reaper Man tapping his fingers together, grinning slyly, saying "Exxxxxxxxxxcellent"?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #33
Fla Flash
Staff (News -- Rom Hacking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie2k View Post
Why, all of a sudden, do I picture Reaper Man tapping his fingers together, grinning slyly, saying "Exxxxxxxxxxcellent"?
Same reason I do.

Two points: Having worked updates here in the past, there isn't some shocking new update or breakthrough in emulation every day. Believe it or not, you'll have a day when there isn't any news.
Second one, and this was a point Swamp made to us when we were 'hired on' so to speak, and I think it speaks well of him. There will be a lull, occasionally, when "real life" takes up some of your time. I can see if no one was getting back to anyone for three or four months, or was hanging around the message boards and not bothering, but to be honest, it's volunteer work. If you want an all-volunteer staff, you'll get people with different motivations and different levels of motivation.

Just my two cents.
Fla Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #34
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Flash View Post
it's volunteer work. If you want an all-volunteer staff, you'll get people with different motivations and different levels of motivation.

Just my two cents.
Of course (remember, I was a staffer just like you for a while back on the old version of the site...though I don't remember SwampGas being as nice about it as you do). I'm just asking some questions so we can choose the best people, that's all. It's probably better to know more about everyone before deciding on who gets hired or gets "Position X".

I think mostly what I'm worried about is hiring someone then having them never be heard from again, like Cornelius was saying. :P Also need to be sure they won't abuse the access it gives them to the site.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #35
Iconoclast

Come to think more of it SpaceTiger at first admitted he was only going to be an active forum poster but probably too busy to do any updates for the site, but eventually it came irritating, that you revoked all of them. I guess...it makes sense, since removing someone from the position doesn't mean they never were a content manager or anything, but it just seems really bad for many else maybe even the site's future, to just let all those people be hating on you...because the future uses the past.

never thought this thread's being was unreasonable, just damaging and hard...when you could have accomplished the same by preserving the past erstwhile rather than throwing people older than you out, maybe it was fair, but it just did more harm than good

You could have gotten more news updates, now virtually no one is interested compared to before. That's a bigger worry, that's fate, than people tricking you into hiring them and never logging on after that
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #36
Adremalech The Wroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie2k View Post
because its completely true?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #37
The 9th Sage

In case anyone is wondering, this is still the plan. I'm sorry it's taking so long.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #38
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
"...I have been busy/lazy as of recent..."
Yeah, I know the feeling. High school's a bitch. So much work for me to do, yet I'm too lazy to do most of it.

Click here to level up my card!

Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 AM   #39
Azul Fria
Ice Queen Zero

At least you'll be out by the time I get in.
Azul Fria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #40
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

I hate to be a harbinger of bad news, but the workload doesn't get any easier at age 30.