Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
weegee

Default help plz

Hi i'm new to this forum so i'm not quite sure i can post that here so here my problem
i'm trying to play these mod :

-super metroid cliffhanger
-super metroid ice metal (this one work but its **** up)
-super metroid pantheon
-super metroid phazon
-super metroid redesign
-super metroid revolution

(only ice metal work but missing morph ball and **** up gameplay stuck jumping repeatedly at 1inch from ground and its been only 10min in game)

all were patch with lunar ips and ninja,i tried them both

i've tried them with zsnes 1.51 and 1.36 and with snesGT 0.218 (i will try snes9x 1.52 to see if it work)so if anyone heve something to help me you're welcome

(if its not the good place to post that say it to me i will close this topic and move it if i can ty)
weegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
InVerse

Are you sure that the original ROM that you're starting with is the correct one? The biggest problems when dealing with SNES ROMs is headers. If the hacker created the patch from a ROM that has a header, then you have to apply the patch to a ROM that also has a header and vice versa. There's also the less likely possibility that the ROM needs to be interleaved/deinterleaved.

My first suggestion would be to redownload your original ROM from somewhere other than where you got it to begin with, to ensure that you don't have a bad ROM. (Just because the game runs fine doesn't mean it's doesn't have corrupt data.)

If that doesn't work, then try auditing your ROM using clrmamepro or romcenter and the No-Intro database to ensure that you have a clean ROM in the proper format.

Try adding/removing headers using NSRT or SNESTool.

And in the future, use a more detailed subject when you post. People with limited time may only look at threads in which they think they can offer assistance. If they see a thread with a generic subject such as 'help plz', there's a good chance they won't even click on it since they don't know for sure that it's something that they'll know anything about. Use something like 'Need Help Patching Super Metroid'.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
weegee

i think that my rom has header because headerless patch only crash zsnes and snesgt

and thank for the suggestion of thread name
Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Reaper man

Also, we are adults here.... you can say "fuck."
Old 09-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
The 9th Sage

I seem to remember Ice Metal needing a headerless ROM...though I ended up not really liking that hack very much.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
weegee

here are the update guys not really good update i have to say first, i tried romcenter to check my rom i did understand jack shit so i did go to the next step with snestool to remove header so now i tried with a headerless rom here now each game stat:

-super metroid cliffhanger :not working
-super metroid ice metal now it just don't work
-super metroid pantheon don't work but doesn't crash zsnes
-super metroid phazon does work BUT the game stop working after the first screen of the actual game
-super metroid revolution don't work but doesn't crash znes

so i've not much progressed for now but now i will try to interleaved/deinterleaved the rom is it the rom that need to be that or the modded rom (rom being patched?

Last edited by weegee; 09-30-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #7
The 9th Sage

I wouldn't interleave it. There's a reason people don't like interleaved ROMs. Since you're having such a problem, I'd say that you should download something such as NSRT and make sure you have a good ROM in the first place.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:28 AM   #8
weegee

i've managed to get my hand on allready patched rom i've noticed something my super metroid version is french and german and thing that i've found was the version english and japanese maybe i need to start with this kind of SM instead

i think i have the pal version

Last edited by weegee; 09-30-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #9
jdev

The first thing to do is check the readme for correct ROM size (almost every ips puts that in the readme), then right click -> properties on the ROM to make sure the bits match.

On an aside, does the "!" mean that the ROM is a goodROM? I always forget that notation.

*edit*
If the region is incorrect, that's very likely the problem.

Last edited by jdev; 09-30-2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: New post while I was typing
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:36 AM   #10
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
The first thing to do is check the readme for correct ROM size (almost every ips puts that in the readme), then right click -> properties on the ROM to make sure the bits match.

On an aside, does the "!" mean that the ROM is a goodROM? I always forget that notation.
You must not have played very many ROM hacks because the vast majority of them don't even come with readme files.

[!] means that the ROM was verified to be good. Of course, several of the ROMs listed as verified in GoodXXXX are actually bad ROMs. If it's verified by No-Intro, however, it's probably accurate.