Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 02-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
PZYR0

Default SEGA Backstabbing nintendo

anyone alse annoyed by this- the sega collection game for PS3 and xbox?

the VC is one of the things carrying the wii and sega had to release there best games to sony and microsoft?

here i am thinking nintendo and sega are all pally and sega does something like this?!?

why couldn't they have gave them sonic tennis or something?!

so, SEGA: FUCK YOU

dont let me catch you doin a stunt like that againt you mony grabbing biatches

-------▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓---------
-----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓---
-----▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▒▒██-------
---▒▒▒▒██▒▒██████▒▒██████---
---▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒██████▒▒██████-
---▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒---
-------████████████████-----
PZYR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Bodomi

Stuck with your Wii, eh?
Bodomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
The 9th Sage

Eh. Don't buy 'em then. You could say that, on the plus side with the Wii you can choose only what you WANT to play.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZYR0 View Post

the VC is one of the things carrying the wii and sega had to release there best games to sony and microsoft?

here i am thinking nintendo and sega are all pally and sega does something like this?!?

Your poor English skills annoy me more. ;/
Old 02-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
snesmaster40

This topic logically fails. Why? Because Sega is not exclusive to Nintendo they're old enough to run out into the streets and distribute their products to others.

That and the fact that they have been releasing other Sega retro collections on the GBA, PS2, PC, PSP, and so on.

In conclusion Sega is the TF2 spy
snesmaster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
tuddy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZYR0 View Post

Sega doesn't care what you think, kid. The VC isn't "carrying the wii" as much as you think. It's a pretty awesome concept, and it's fun to be able to get stuff I haven't played on an actual console in like 10 years, but it's not that big a money-maker for any of the companies involved. Oh, and for the record, the PS3 and 360 DO have Sonic Tennis.

Personally, I can't wait for the Xbox 360 version to come out (I haven't seen it in stock anywhere, yet), it'll be nice to play Comix Zone in HD.
tuddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Haoie

Uh, in case you forget, they were ardent rivals not so long ago.
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Shadow

Rivals? Well... if I remember right, then SEGA was the company which made it's profit after ATARI and others died in the early console wars.

Then Nintendo came in, like Sony and Microsoft did, as a newcomer. Nintendo is older than all other mentioned companies. They analyzed the market, developed a cheap console (NES) and focused on strong marketing.

SEGA (Service Games!) was a joint venture of US and JP investors. They had only their profits in mind. And they relied on their first success. They underestimated Nintendo.
Sure, SEGA has built great consoles, but they did the same errors as SONY and Microsoft, as well as ATARI and many others.

Today SEGA is nothing more than a publisher. And that's good. Otherwise they would have to quit business. So instead of complaining, that SEGA develops on multiple systems, we should be happy, that they still exist.

Ah well, as a sidenote: SEGA made games for PC many years ago, too. They had their dreamcast out and already published Sonic for PC. So this is nothing new or special. SEGA never made a big deal of it. They just did, what was necessary when they realized, that they are about to lose the console war.

Regarding XBOX360, PS3 and WII: I don't think you can compare them very good. Nintendo just reacted as they always do: build cheap machines and make a good marketing. MS and Sony wanted to win by power. They invested millions just to conquer marketshares. Instead of winning, they see themselves in a situation like US and UdSSR in the cold war. One of them will leave the stage. I'm not sure who, but neither Sony nor MS can hold their position (high costs, low profit) forever.

If the next generation will follow the known scheme of "more power, more speed, more gfx and sfx" then Nintendo will catch up. High End Chips are falling in price so a next gen Nintendo console will perform like a PS3 today. But MS and Sony can't improve so much. And even if they do, the developers can't spend millions like a movie company. It's just too much. I think the developers won't use all new gfx features etc. They simply wouldn't get enough time. So it would be easier to develop a game with the same quality graphics for ALL new consoles.

If I'm wrong with anything, feel free to correct me. :-)
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 AM   #9
The 9th Sage

That's the thing about the current gen. It doesn't matter if you like the Wii or not, you still have to admit that the only one definitely making a profit is Nintendo, so in that respect they are the clear winners (well, if there have to be some kind of winners :P).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #10
Phlegethonic

Honestly, the less that SEGA does for Nintendo, the better.
Sega used to make quality games, especially quality Sonic games, but then forsook that path in favor of absolute shit like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic The Hedgehog; their games merely drag the console down as a whole.

Phlegethonic is offline   Reply With Quote