Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #61
Lillymon

Well to continue losing the theme, Tales of Hearts is now out and we have the first week sales figures!

Anime - 123,600
CG - 16,900

Ouch. Not even 150,000 in total, and the anime version outsold the CG version by a ratio of 7 to 1. That should hopefully be enough for Namco to discontinue this ill-advised experiment.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #62
The 9th Sage

I heard about that...I wasn't even aware it had an anime and a CG version until I saw that. Now if only it would come out in the US/Europe. We all missed out on Tales of the Tempest (eh, it's an ok game...not a big loss), Tales of Innocence (now there is a loss)...are they going for the triple play?

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #63
Lillymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
I heard about that...I wasn't even aware it had an anime and a CG version until I saw that. Now if only it would come out in the US/Europe. We all missed out on Tales of the Tempest (eh, it's an ok game...not a big loss), Tales of Innocence (now there is a loss)...are they going for the triple play?
In Europe we missed damn near the entire series. I actually counted the games we got, and I came to five, with various reasons why I don't have them.

Tales of Phantasia (GBA) - Because it's a bad port of the PS1 version, and the translation is nearly Zero Wing bad.
Tales of Eternia (PSP) - Because I don't have a PSP, and don't plan to buy one.
Tales of Symphonia (NGC) - Because they messed with the intro, which I hate. I might get past that if I really like Vesperia though.
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) - Because I still don't have a PSP, and I don't want one.
Tales of Vesperia (XB360) - Because I don't have an Xbox 360, though I might get one, then this will be in the running to be my first.

Any other Tales game on any other platform has never made it to Europe. I'd be amazed if the total European sales for the series has even hit 100,000.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:41 AM   #64
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Tales of Symphonia (NGC) - Because they messed with the intro, which I hate. I might get past that if I really like Vesperia though.
You ought to take a look at it...this game actually started my Tales mania. And on top of that, it and it's sequel are essentially a distant prequel to Tales of Phantasia. Also, I don't think I'd go so far as calling ToP GBA's translation Zero Wing bad. At least the European version had less bugs than the US version.

Twitter
Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #65
Lillymon

Quote:
Also, I don't think I'd go so far as calling ToP GBA's translation Zero Wing bad.
Well it's not quite as bad, but I did hear the story of 'Ragnarok' getting mistranslated as 'kangaroo', which is pretty awful. I generally refuse to pay for translations that bad because it gives the impression that such a lack of effort is actually acceptable.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #66
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Well it's not quite as bad, but I did hear the story of 'Ragnarok' getting mistranslated as 'kangaroo', which is pretty awful.
Wait wait...I played most of the game, I presume I didn't play far enough to see that. That is pretty bad. lol

Twitter
Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #67
Lillymon

Quote:
Wait wait...I played most of the game, I presume I didn't play far enough to see that. That is pretty bad. lol
It may just have been a myth, I've never played it myself.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #68
toasterhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfanryan View Post
you guy's are crazy, easily the greatest game of all time, lost count how many times I played it.

best part the death of a main character Aeris that dosen't happen every game.
It does happen every time you play FFVII though.

That just the thing. There aren't really any perks to beating the game again.

Emerald Weapon drops the Earth Harp which can get you three pieces of "Master" materia. That's nice but if you already beat the last boss, what is the point really? And if you didn't beat him, and your strong enough to beat Emerald Weapon then you probably are going to smash Sephiroth like a bug. Just to say you did it? (Maybe I am missing something it's been years since I played it) I just don't see the point.

However I did do everything but beat Emerald Weapon. Which my friend did because I was sick of it after the chocobo breeding. (read below) I have beaten the game, I like Final Fantasy, that's good enough for me. It doesn't stand out but it's not the worst game I've played.

I agree the models sucked a bit. It is quite old though, as has been said. I think that the most memorable part of the game was me spending a week to actually breed a gold chocobo instead of just getting in the game. (Don't give me crap over it taking that long, I have to work and stuff too.) I didn't use a guide either.

I felt very rewarded for doing that the hard way. But I like mini-games. Even if it was one of the least interesting mini-games I have ever played.

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #69
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterhed View Post
It does happen every time you play FFVII though.

That just the thing. There aren't really any perks to beating the game again.

Emerald Weapon drops the Earth Harp which can get you three pieces of "Master" materia. That's nice but if you already beat the last boss, what is the point really? And if you didn't beat him, and your strong enough to beat Emerald Weapon then you probably are going to smash Sephiroth like a bug. Just to say you did it? (Maybe I am missing something it's been years since I played it) I just don't see the point.

However I did do everything but beat Emerald Weapon. Which my friend did because I was sick of it after the chocobo breeding. (read below) I have beaten the game, I like Final Fantasy, that's good enough for me. It doesn't stand out but it's not the worst game I've played.

I agree the models sucked a bit. It is quite old though, as has been said. I think that the most memorable part of the game was me spending a week to actually breed a gold chocobo instead of just getting in the game. (Don't give me crap over it taking that long, I have to work and stuff too.) I didn't use a guide either.

I felt very rewarded for doing that the hard way. But I like mini-games. Even if it was one of the least interesting mini-games I have ever played.
Yeah, I remember getting all of the 'Master' materia before running off to kick Sephiroth's ass...and that I did. That was the most anti-climactic fight in the entire game. Even Safer Sephiroth was a fucking breeze. That was definitely the most annoying battle of the entire game, though. Damn 'Super Nova'...

Click here to level up my card!

Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #70
darklink99

FFVII... I had not really played any ps1 games... In fact that was probably the first ps1 game I got. I liked it. The game was awesome to me and I played the hell out of it. Until I had to cheat my way past almost the entire game to play it... Then I just stopped playing it. But it was a good game none the less.
darklink99 is offline   Reply With Quote