Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Wartech89

Default Might be a software issue...?

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to record gameplay using fraps and an emulator. I know that fraps doesn't recognize all emulators, but it does recognize the emulator I'm trying to record.

First thing's first: I'm not extremely tech savvy, but I have recorded smooth gameplay with fraps before (about a year and some change ago). This was on Zsnes (yes, I know that sounds silly, because so many people say that fraps doesnt recognize it). Additionaly, it cannot recognize it now for some odd reason. Moving on, I got snes9x, which fraps can record currently. So I started recording and immediately found that the gameplay was extremely choppy. At first I thought that it was just due to the recording factor and I could just deal with the slowness and still get smooth results, but upon viewing the final product, I saw the same thing I had experienced. I've tried google searches for the past 2 days and have not had fruitful results.

If it matters at all, my system specs are:
Intel Core Duo CPU 2.4 GHz
4GB RAM
32-bit

I'm not sure how to find out how much dedcated memory my graphics card has, but I think it's 512mb.

This could be due to settings in my emulator as well, or maybe I just have too many processes running? I just really don't know and was wondering if any of you have had similar problems, or an idea of what might be causing it.

Thanks,

WT

**EDIT** I just tried recording project 64 and got 60 fps through the whole recording. Anyone else finding my issue weird?

Last edited by Wartech89; 11-26-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Wartech89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Sub

Fraps likes to lag games, because its recording method is pretty silly. To be honest, I'd recommend just using another screen recorder. I use ZSNES and Camtasia Studio 8, and have no lag problems at all. Good luck~
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote