Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Emulation News

Old 12-31-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
BIrvine

Default PC/DOS Emulators Revamp

Expect to see many updates in the Windows/DOS emulators sections in the near future! All emulators will be identified better as 'DOS', 'Windows 32-bit', 64-bit, etc and have better overall organization and more accurate/complete info. Included will be the status of various projects, including if they're currently active, dormant, or discontinued. New versions of existing emulators and new emulators will also be posted soon!

For right now, FakeNES has been updated to the latest beta. For those not following the emulator, it will soon be superceded by Kadence, and include N64 emulation. Download it here or at its homepage.
BIrvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Lillymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIrvine View Post
For right now, FakeNES has been updated to the latest beta. For those not following the emulator, it will soon be superceded by Kadence, and include N64 emulation.
How many times has FakeNES died and been revived now? I think it's twice to my knowledge, but it keeps on going. I'm just hoping the Nintendo 64 emulation is a proper low-level job, with no plugin system. With the arrival of pSX (which I have been known to bitch about for unrelated reasons), the N64 is one of the few consoles left where you simply can't get hassle-free emulation.