Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 10-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
kone191

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneJones View Post
You could just add a water area to an area only reachable at the end game that has no water and then make it so you only fish up lvl100 Magikarp that only know splash but drops a butt load of experience. That way people can reasonably level up their pokémon with out that sort of issue. Obviously lvl100 is max so you can't make him easier by leveling. But really Pokémon doesn't normally have random encounters of pokémon over lvl75 so getting those last 25 is always hard. This is just the kind of work around found in lots of other games. Why else does Dragon Quest have Metal Slimes, Final Fantasy have Cactaur, or those Gold Slimes in Breath of Fire.

Truly you can see over lv80 pokemons (max.lv90) in Silver Cave so leveling up isn't a problem. (You get usually 2000-3000 experience per battle.) Training in grass is just boring I think...and in indigo plateau you get also levels pretty easily by going it again and again.

And Magikarp don't give much experience. If you play my game you can see it with Kanto pokemon trainers.
kone191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #22
kone191

I wanted to make this game complete fast so here is updated version 1.80.

Now Pokecenters and Marts are changed so don't be inside them when you copy new version and replace it with older. Some other areas also changed (Cerulean Gym, Celadon Game Corner, Fuchsia City...).

If anyone of you could help me using some kind of hex editor to edit text that would be a great help. I know myself what hexadecimals are but I can't figure it out if I for example edit hexadecimals FA to B9 what it does in the game itself.

And if someone wanted to edit texts for this game himself that would be great too . Answer if you could help me with this only problem in this hack.

Download updated hack here: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/gb/pokem...esign-543.html
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #23
The 9th Sage

Wow, the pictures on that page are huge when you click on them.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #24
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kone191 View Post
Yeah, I clicked Print Screen on my keyboard and pasted it to paint.
That's why the pictures are so big. (I played with full screen)
Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Fla Flash
Staff (News -- Rom Hacking)

Points about making the game more difficult are important. Especially throwing a curveball at somebody who knows the game real well. Imagination and creativeness are more important than having to use a cheat.
While I admire what you've done graphically, having to use a cheat doesn't really improve gameplay - it kind of spoils it.
Fla Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
kone191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Flash View Post
Points about making the game more difficult are important. Especially throwing a curveball at somebody who knows the game real well. Imagination and creativeness are more important than having to use a cheat.
While I admire what you've done graphically, having to use a cheat doesn't really improve gameplay - it kind of spoils it.

In 1.80 version when I changed Pokeleague you are able to level up your party to lv100 much easily.
It took me 2 hours and that don't feel much if you level one pokemon per time.
And you don't truly even need 6 pokemon to beat Red if you have good strategy. When I posted 1.80 version I also edited that text in Misc files so there doesn't even is that code message anymore.
I've played this game through 3 times myself by testing it and two last times beat Red without leveling up with gameshark codes. You will see that it's pretty easy to get your pokemon to 100 levels in this hack.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #27
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Maybe you should finish the hack instead of updating it every week or so... It doesn't really make any sense... And to edit the text use the guide on romhacking.net it's really not that hard...
Old 11-08-2008, 04:01 AM   #28
kone191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Potion View Post
Maybe you should finish the hack instead of updating it every week or so... It doesn't really make any sense... And to edit the text use the guide on romhacking.net it's really not that hard...

It's already finished and I'm just fixing bugs which I find but it's fully playable right now.
I think I probably created my tablefile somehow wrong.
When I loaded other table files they worked but when I made a table file
of my hack I can see hexadecimals on the left and on the right there is nothing.

How should I make a table file of my hack ?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:25 AM   #29
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Well when you open the rom in hex it should make a table file for you. A useless one for text editing soooooo... Open that table file in notepad or whatever and input Guiege's table file (From romhacking). Then save and re-open your rom and you're set. Remember to select the text side lol.

ALSO: All the game's text is pretty randomly placed... It's all without context so if you're only changing a few things it's no big deal, but... If you want to make a huge difference what I did was play through the game and every time I talked to someone I text searched it and then changed it. Y'know so i know which person says what.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:08 AM   #30
kone191

Maximum Potion: Well when you open the rom in hex it should make a table file for you.

I'm opening my crystal.gbc file with hexposure and I did nothing but clicked save changes. Nothing happened. I don't have any table file of my hack.

Are you using Dosbox to make this ? I think that it's my problem.