Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 09-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #21
kgp4death

yeah in i know angelfire is pretty bad......actually i am in the middle of setting up iis and opening port 80 for my own webserver.....i actually also have my own ftpserver but i thought that may be a pain just to get a file....man i love having a fiberopitic connection...do not want just anyone to download it yet-so no rapidshare....thou of course anyone can just download it now.....lol, but once he gets it that will change fast.....lol
kgp4death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #22
The 9th Sage

hm...I suppose if you're setting up your own web server, you could always use something like HFS. That works great with DynDNS. I've used it to put stuff up for a friend of mine before.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Yeah, the links aren't working for me

How about you just send the ips to bottlerocket@maximumpotion.com.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #24
kgp4death

sure emailing you now maximum potion......yeah setting up iis on windows pro(because it is actually a computer i use regularly not a dedicated server......other wise of course it would be some form of unix running apache.....for stability purposes).....i use no-ip for my dns lookup service....works great for my ftp server going to use it for my webpage too because it is already running so why not leverage it......
Old 09-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
kgp4death

actually good you haven't got it yet.....i am going to send a updated one......with the ice castle finished so it should work up to that point.

Last edited by kgp4death; 09-25-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #26
Maximum Potion

cool, I'll check it out soon.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #27
kgp4death

quick notes.....snes9x emulator works best.....0780F7CF....is an infinite life code that works.......save state alot.........and i also need something documented.....kinda forgot what items i used so far, because i stopped this project for a while so after the ice palace i need to know what items i have left to give link(ash)......Thanks Maximum Potion, you are the best.....
Old 09-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
Maximum Potion

You got it
Old 09-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #29
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp4death View Post
yeah in i know angelfire is pretty bad......actually i am in the middle of setting up iis and opening port 80 for my own webserver.....i actually also have my own ftpserver but i thought that may be a pain just to get a file....man i love having a fiberopitic connection...do not want just anyone to download it yet-so no rapidshare....thou of course anyone can just download it now.....lol, but once he gets it that will change fast.....lol
Then upload it to Rapidshare then give no or a false description for it. Then copy the URL they give you and only allow a select few to have it. Simple. You get a reliable download server and only certain people get the file and it disappears after a month or so of no downloads so no worries.

Heck if you want you can just put it in a zip or rar file with a password so even if someone downloads it they can't open it. Also if they get it open most people won't know how to use it or might not give a crap if they did. It's also good so when you have update to the file you won't go through all this crap of failed downloads every time. Just upload and email the password and new URL to all those you want to have the new file.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #30
kgp4death

yeah you are right.....but my web sever setup has little to do with file transfers (i think for now email is best for that).....i need a website and do not like ads and crap.....and seeing i am a programmer with a masters degree it is kinda sad i do not have a webserver/webpage setup for professional reasons too.....what can i say i like having "full control" of my stuff (servers, applications and pages).....can't have full control at work so might as well have it at home .....lol

here is the link ti was in my siganture but the signature is nto showing up for some reason
http://kgp4deathromsite.no-ip.org/

New Game Trailer....this is Official
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCng4ekfGAc

Last edited by kgp4death; 10-03-2009 at 11:21 PM.