Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 07-04-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
Adremalech The Wroth

Windows Vista FTW.
Because if using your computer does not give you constant headaches,than you arent really computing at all...
Old 07-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
strings805

Quite the conversation a web browser question has sparked. I think I'm gonna like it here lol
strings805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #23
Adremalech The Wroth

Seriously now enough with the re-uploading this repeatedly.
If you have a problem with pics then tell me otherwise stop re-uploading the same hack over and over.
It makes me feel like I'm having deja-vu. >.>
Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #24
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
So.... a computer that runs 2 OSes by default is "shitty" compared to.. what, a bug-ridden, hole-riddled Windows computer?
PFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHA. Windows 7 (and Vista for that matter) is pretty damn secure.

Let's not forget that OSX isn't as secure as what apple would have you to believe. The big reason that you don't see malware for it is because malware writers couldn't give a shit less about OSX since not many people use it in comparison to windows users.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #25
JluvsK34

looks like Reaper Man is a Microsux lover. who in their right mind would call Vista anything other than a piece of sh*t?
JluvsK34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
PFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHA. Windows 7 (and Vista for that matter) is pretty damn secure.

Let's not forget that OSX isn't as secure as what apple would have you to believe. The big reason that you don't see malware for it is because malware writers couldn't give a shit less about OSX since not many people use it in comparison to windows users.
Then let's not forget that OSX runs on a core derived from Free BSD and Net BSD, operating systems that have actually gone spans of years at a time without the discovery of a single remote root exploit. And don't tell me that nobody is interested in hacking BSD, because after working as a NOC tech at an ISP that ran BSD servers, I know for a fact that BSD is constantly under scrutiny, not by pissant little spyware developers and script kiddies but top of the line security experts.

Vista may be more secure (I haven't paid much attention to it on that front, but seeing as how you have to click 87 buttons and submit to a full biometrics scan just to play Solitaire under the default security settings, I'll concede that it probably is) but how sad is it that after 20 years in existence and a decade of people railing about how insecure Windows is, Microsoft *finally* announces that they're going to start putting effort into security with their new "Trustworthy Computing initiative"? And from what I've seen of Vista and 7, the new security "features" make using the OS a complete pain in the ass under the default settings. I was trying to remove some spyware from my cousin's laptop and I think I had to click at least a dozen buttons just to get the program I was using installed and another half-dozen to get it running. I'm sure that can probably be adjusted, but making a computer unusable doesn't quite equate to making it secure.

What it comes down to, however, is that in any modern OS, the biggest inadequacy is the user. If you can't do what you want on any of the major OSes, then you probably aren't smart enough to do it. I'm willing to bet that I can do anything on a Mac that you can do on a PC, including playing top of the line games. It may take more time/effort in some cases, but in other cases it's going to be much easier and done much better. (And for the record, I don't even own a Mac. I'd like to have one, but I can't really justify spending the money on a new PC when my current one works perfectly fine.)
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #27
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
What it comes down to, however, is that in any modern OS, the biggest inadequacy is the user.
This is it exactly. It doesn't matter if the system is super secure if the user acts like a complete fool.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
Fla Flash
Staff (News -- Rom Hacking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
This is it exactly. It doesn't matter if the system is super secure if the user acts like a complete tool.
There. Fixed.
Fla Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #29
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Flash View Post
There. Fixed.
Haha, well, fair enough.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #30
Beedrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Holy shit! I thought I was an impressive troll, but you, sir, take the cake.
Beedrill is offline   Reply With Quote