Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #21
Morgoth

Three things I guess, the first time I played it (in 2005) I was dumbfounded by the terrible player graphics. After hearing for years that FFVII was the best game ever, it really um disappointed me.

Every time I play I name Barret Mr. T becuase well you have to.

The best memory though was when that one person died, I yelled at my roomate "*** is dead damn it!" I was real pissed because I had built my entire stategy around her powers. Anyway my roomate made fun of me because It was 2006 and I still had no idea that she would be killed.

Oh yeah one more, that first boss fight when barret tells you to attack when your not supposed to because of a mistranslation. he says something like "attack when its tail is up, itll counter with its laser"
Morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:47 AM   #22
Rattlehead

I remember when Aerith died too. It was right after I had obtained her final limit break, and before she had learned it. So, her final limit break sat in my inventory the entire rest of the game.

Click here to level up my card!

Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 AM   #23
Umiliphus

I never even found her fancy hidden junk. I read about how to do so online when I was going through the second time and thought "grash, why even bother?" I wasn't especially surprised at her death, primarily because it wasn't totally clear to me that a death had taken place. In comparison, I was certain Rydia, Edward, Palom, Porom and Yang were all dead at one point or another. I'm still not comfortable talking about Tellah and Galuf (weep). Oh spoilers eh.
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:37 AM   #24
hcs

Favorite FFVII moment: When first arriving at the overworld, that sad epic music, and a vast world stretching in every direction.
A lot of games have that, but 7's really touched me. (goddamnit I'll use that expression when appropriate)
Also still the only FF I've played through besides 1.
hcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 AM   #25
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umiliphus View Post
I never even found her fancy hidden junk. I read about how to do so online when I was going through the second time and thought "grash, why even bother?" I wasn't especially surprised at her death, primarily because it wasn't totally clear to me that a death had taken place. In comparison, I was certain Rydia, Edward, Palom, Porom and Yang were all dead at one point or another. I'm still not comfortable talking about Tellah and Galuf (weep). Oh spoilers eh.
See, I'm one of those gamers that has to find all of the hidden shit. Personally, I blame my OCD.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Y'know what I don't get? Throughout their journeys, they get smashed, slashed, beat, hit, bitten, and every other form of attack that I didn't mention, but then they die from some pissy-assed attack. I mean, Aerith could've easily survived impalement, but the plot intervened and killed her. Wait...that means that the plot killed her and not Sephiroth! I is are so smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcs View Post
Favorite FFVII moment: When first arriving at the overworld, that sad epic music, and a vast world stretching in every direction.
A lot of games have that, but 7's really touched me. (goddamnit I'll use that expression when appropriate)
Also still the only FF I've played through besides 1.
Well then...you use that expression, goddamnit. Heh, that reminds me of when Cloud and co. had tea with Cid.

"Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!"

Good times, good times.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #26
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
See, I'm one of those gamers that has to find all of the hidden shit. Personally, I blame my OCD.
I also have the OCD.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 AM   #27
Umiliphus

Just about everybody does, these days. I didn't know there was all that hidden rubbish, though. In that Final Fantasy 7 especially, among other video games I've used which have secrets, I can't imagine how somebody could locate or even know about a great deal of it without being specifically told. The chocobo breeding in particular is absurdly pedantic, and even when you do everything right whether it works or not is totally random. I can't stand it.
And what was the deal with Vincent? I didn't know there was a Vincent for years. Some of that game is like solving a rubik's cube with your eyes closed. Yet I love it anyway.
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #28
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umiliphus View Post
Just about everybody does, these days. I didn't know there was all that hidden rubbish, though. In that Final Fantasy 7 especially, among other video games I've used which have secrets, I can't imagine how somebody could locate or even know about a great deal of it without being specifically told. The chocobo breeding in particular is absurdly pedantic, and even when you do everything right whether it works or not is totally random. I can't stand it.
And what was the deal with Vincent? I didn't know there was a Vincent for years. Some of that game is like solving a rubik's cube with your eyes closed. Yet I love it anyway.
Not to the degree of mine, where it effects other aspects of life. Eh, that's why I love my psychiatrist and his almighty prescription pad.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #29
Adremalech The Wroth

i would have to say my favorite moment is on the boat when red xiii (nanaki) is having trouble trying to walk like a human in that ridiculous sailor outfit.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:29 AM   #30
mjfanryan

you guy's are crazy, easily the greatest game of all time, lost count how many times I played it.

best part the death of a main character Aeris that dosen't happen every game.
mjfanryan is offline   Reply With Quote