Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
pipes

Default n1h1

I don't think its real, but more propaganda scare tactics by the government.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
InVerse

Right, all of the governments in the world, who can't manage to accomplish absolutely anything else together, colluded to make up a fake flu virus to accomplish... what, exactly? Scare tactics to what end, just to scare people? I don't think they need to make up a fake flu virus to accomplish that. To get people to take the vaccine? They could have just slipped something into the seasonal flu virus, if that were the case.

Not to mention that H1N1 has been around for approximately 90 years. Just because you've never heard of something until it gets major coverage on TV doesn't mean it didn't exist prior to then.

So which government is it that you think has enough control over the World Health Organization that they can force them to make up fake data about a fake virus? What is it that's really killing an excessive number of pregnant women that they're trying to cover up? Do you have any evidence whatsoever with which to back up your belief that it's fake? Or are you just making shit up?
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
The 9th Sage

No, it's real. If you want to blame someone, blame the media for flipping out over it every two minutes. That and all the disinformation.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
InVerse

Care to provide an example of this disinformation? I'm not saying there isn't any, I'm just saying that I haven't seen any personally, so I would like to examine it.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
I don't think its real, but more propaganda scare tactics by the government.

Not exactly a full government conspiracy. Just a get rich scheme for those with the right connections COUGH Rumsfeild /COUGH and a few years ago Cheney.

http://www.serendipity.li/bf/swine_flu.htm
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungodly View Post
Care to provide an example of this disinformation? I'm not saying there isn't any, I'm just saying that I haven't seen any personally, so I would like to examine it.
Maybe disinformation is the wrong word...I guess what I had in mind was more about the vaccine anyway. I keep hearing people yell out about how it's dangerous, blah blah blah...but the thing is, they just about never bring any facts to the table to support this.

I mean, I could say anything I want but it doesn't neccesarily mean it's true. You'd think a news organization (not just Fox News) would actually try to bring facts to their story. I guess it's more a fault of the media coverage of it in general.

I know it's probably for ratings, doesn't mean it's right though. Pretty easy to get viewers when your headline is "Is this vaccine a KILLER? More at 11!"

As for coverage of H1N1 itself, I can't remember any specific examples now that I think of it. I know I've heard news channels sensationalize it though. I mean, yes, it's been pretty dangerous for some people, but the way they talk about it at times you'd think it killed 90% of the world's population or some such thing.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Maybe disinformation is the wrong word...I guess what I had in mind was more about the vaccine anyway. I keep hearing people yell out about how it's dangerous, blah blah blah...but the thing is, they just about never bring any facts to the table to support this.
It's not so much dangerous but there have been recent statistics showing that there is around a 30% higher chance you will get the flu if you get the vaccine. I was really shocked when I heard this, I think it was on CNN. I think it's because a lot of people immune systems suck so bad from bad lifestyles the vaccine actually weakens them more than making them stronger.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
puduhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
blame the media for flipping out over it every two minutes.
When the story broke, that first 48 hours was an apocalypse for anyone watching cable news. It was exciting to me even though I knew better... I love the end of the world!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by puduhead View Post
When the story broke, that first 48 hours was an apocalypse for anyone watching cable news. It was exciting to me even though I knew better... I love the end of the world!
I just trust my immune system. That and if I did get it I would just find my old dealer and get some weed which would basically kill the cramps and nausea and then all I'd have would be a bad cold with fever and congestion.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
FleshCage

The government released in into the clouds and it fell on the mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the internet. No one exists past your computer screen.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote