Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Rominucka

Default Project64 display problems.

I have this Rice's Video Plugin.
It's the only way I can run these HiRes textures for WWF No Mercy Legends mod.
For some ungodly reason, all of the select screen fields are blacked out along with all of the wrestler's portraits. No matter how many configurations I go through on the video plugin, nothing works.
I have a Dell Insprion 1100 Celeron laptop with the right amount of ram and whatnot.

How do I fix it, if it's even possible?
Rominucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
BIrvine

A few thoughts : are you using the 1.7 beta or 1.6? Rice's is the best pretty much, but try another?
BIrvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
toasterhed

I dunno since your using a different emulator. Unless Rice makes a plug-in for Project64 as well... I know Project 64 has issues with it running correctly and I've found it's compatibility to be one of, if not, the best.

I would try it out more but the menus don't even work with the emu/plugins I'm using, so that won't help you. I'm not sure about other emulators but you can always try. There are also list of what's compatible and what's not. You'll have to look for one cause I can't remember what I did with the link I was going to send you... but I thought I already posted a link. That is strange.

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Rominucka

Everybody in the No Mercy mod community use the PJ64/Rice plugin combo. I tried it with 1964 and it also had trouble.
I'm at my wits end with this one.
I'm tempted to use my friend's new computer, when I'm over his house next, just to see if it works at all or if it's just my laptop.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
Iconoclast

See if Glide64 works.
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

Latest version does support texture replacement in Rice's CRC32 convention.

Project64 and 1964 use the same plug-in spec..."porting" RiceVideo is not necessary
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Rominucka

You're a savior my friend...but a whole bunch of new problems have arisen.

It runs a lot slower, has a tendency to crash while loading the hi-res textures, and doesn't respond well (everything but the background disappears in the select screens) with some of the cheats for the game (WWF No Mercy Legends Mod). The biggest problem is that it doesn't highlight the fields in the match select screen (i.e. Count Out or No Count Out, match length 5 Min, 10 Min etc.)

But I haven't really messed to much with the plugin's parameters so I'm sure there's some adjustments that can be made.

All in all, thank you. I'd rather have this then the Rice's.