Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Soron

Default Visual Boy Advance saving help

Hi im new to all this and I need some help.

Everytime I play a game on this, (lets say Pokemon Blue, as thats the one I keep trying over and over with), I save both in-game and on the emulator. Ok it saves. It shows up in the save states and I can load.

Then if I close the emulator, by just closing it, turning off comp, for any reason: When I load it back up, theres no save states and I cant load the game from what I saved in the game. Basically once I exit the emulator then open up a new one and try again, it's like I never saved at all. Help thanks.

P.S. Its on Visual Boy Advance, it happens for all the games I try, and the game itself runs fine, it's just a problem with saving.

P.S.S. When I just try to load (not the save states), I can find what I saved, but when I load it, nothing happens. At all. Thanks in advance
Soron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
Umiliphus

I seem to recall having to fiddle with "save type" underneath the options-emulator menu. Also, you must restart the game for it to take effect. Loading the state also reloads the old save type, alas. And then different games may demand different settings. It doesn't quite seem fair, does it!
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
Iconoclast

Options > Save Type > Flash 128k
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Razmaster G

Default Visual Boy Advance Problem

I have a Major Problem... when I open the Visual Boy Advance it is just a blank screen and I don't know how to open a game how do you get games on it???????
Razmaster G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmaster G View Post
I have a Major Problem... when I open the Visual Boy Advance it is just a blank screen and I don't know how to open a game how do you get games on it???????
you have to get the ROMs for it, which are data images of the games themselves. Also don't ask for them here as it is against the rules.