Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
larienna

Default Control Problem with "King arthur's World"

In "King arthur's world", in order to scroll freely the screen, you need to L and R together and use the DPAD to scroll in the direction you want. But it does not work. It consider that I have pushed a direction without holding "L+R".

I have double checked the controls with somebody who wrote a FAQ for this game and actually owned the game. He confirmed that this is how the controls worked.

So I am thinking that there might be a problem with the emulator for supporting multiple button pushed at the same time. I am currently using ZSNES with a control pad. I tried making a macro that would push all the button indicated above with the push of 1 button and it does not work.

Does any of you have experience something similar before?
larienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
InVerse

I'm trying it using SNES9x 1.52 and an Xbox 360 controller (wireless). I just tried it and it seems to be working. If I hold L + R then I can scroll the "camera" up and down but not left or right. Scrolling left or right appears to be done simply by holding the L or R buttons on their own. This matches the controls listed in the first walkthrough for the game on GameFAQs.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

Most traditional keyboards do not support the pushing of more than two keys at one (with the exception of CTRL/ALT/Shift). Try mapping the buttons of interest to one of those keys, or map the L and R buttons to the same key.

I see this situation happen most frequently with Chrono Trigger and people getting stuck inputting the password into the Arris Dome Basement (hold L&R, press A).
Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
larienna

I tried it with zsnes and snes 9x on linux this time and it does not work. I am using a control pad, not a keyboard. Yes L and R scroll the map by default but your scroll is limited. You should be able to scroll the whole map in the other mode

From what I remember, when you hold L+R, the square around your unit changed for a 4 directional arrow marker, I am right? In my case, the cursor does not change when I hold L and R, it only stop the other button from scrolling. then when I push a direction, it moves the unit as if I only pushed the direction alone.

There are 2 ports on my SNES controller adaptor, I tried switching ports and it does not work either. I tried with my retrolink snes controller and it does not work either. My next test would be to try it on another computer.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
InVerse

Does it allow you to scroll up & down whenever you hold L+R? The walkthrough I read said that L+R only allows vertical scrolling, not horizontal scrolling. When I hold L+R, the box around the character doesn't change. I'm not sure what you mean by limited scrolling with L or R, though. Holding the L button scrolled all the way to the end of the level for me.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
larienna

The side scrolling only scroll up to a certain distance and stop. Proximately 1 to 1-1/2 screen. If you want to browse the whole level you need to do the L+R trick that I cannot do.

I tried on another computer with Snes to USB adaptor, Retrolink USB controler, and SNES to parralel port. I also tried with the keyboard by placing L and R on shift and crtl and it still does not work.

I have just realized that There is a checksum failure on the starting of the rom. Maybe I should try getting another rom and make some test.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
InVerse

Again, this walkthrough says that L+R only allows you to scroll up and down. It doesn't say anything about it allowing you to scroll horizontally. I don't think there's anything wrong at all, I think the game just works differently than you expect.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
larienna

Well even scrolling up down does not work. I also checked different stages in case some stage did not have vertical scroll and it does not work. I'll try another rom.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #9
larienna

It's a rom Problem. I knew there was something fishy. The password buttons were in colors, and I did not remember that the buttons were like that in the original game. I also got stuck at cavern 3 and wanted to do it again. I found a map with the door I was looking for, but Since I could not scroll, there was no way to see if the door was there. Here is some screen shots between both roms I have.

--- Bad Rom ---
http://lariennalibrary.com/extern/fo...dRom_Title.bmp
http://lariennalibrary.com/extern/fo...m_Password.bmp

--- Good Rom ---
http://lariennalibrary.com/extern/fo...dRom_Title.bmp
http://lariennalibrary.com/extern/fo...m_Password.bmp

Of course, scrolling in the new rom works.