Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 06-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
supergamer

Default TGB Dual Query

What Emulator is TGB Dual most compatible with. I had a hard time for TGB dual to recognise the load save slots.

I'm planning on using KIGB, is this a good emulator to use with TGB Dual?

And why is TBG Dual not recognising load save slots after you have opened the ROM? I have done the following .sav in the save folder and .sa2 in the same respective folder.

Any help appreciated please.

Tnx.
supergamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
supergamer

Default Emulator that is compatible for TGB Dual - pokemon

Hi, I'm now on the search for a gbc emulator that is compatible with TGB Dual. I have tried VBA (visual boy advance) I had trouble trading with TGB Dual plus the colors where in B&W even in real colors.

I've tried KIGB the interface is great however it is not compatible with TGB Dual.

Can someone please suggest to be a very good emulator that allows gameshark codes, has good color pixels to that of the original gbc console and most importantly is TGB Dual compatible.

Much appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
InVerse

This is the third TGB thread you've started and 4th total thread in a week. The solution to your problem is simple. Go spend the $15 it will take to get a GBC and both Pokemon games.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
The 9th Sage

Haven't you asked this question 3 or 4 times already? Please keep it to the same thread.

*edit*
In fact, merging the two most recent.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
supergamer

Default NO$GMB and Super Gameboy Emulation

I've been doing my research online, I found one of the many reasons that my older ROM (pokemon blue/red) was not responding to color is because I am not using the correct emulator. I currently own TGB Dual and VBA and both have been showing the game in black and white even with every setting adjusted its still not responding which is why I thought it was odd considering that I checked out this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF7Xjxn9jc as to why this lucky individual was able to get pokemon blue responding in color and this is what he said was "This was done on a Pokemon Blue ROM. The reason the colors are what they are is because the emulator I used to play it was a Super GameBoy emulator and the emulator put colors which are not the same when you play the game with an actual GameBoy Color."

When I read that piece of information, I thought trying a different emulator might be the way to go, I heard about NO$GMB, which is unfortunately not freeware.

I tried searching for Super Gameboy emulator which no longer seems to exist, if anyone knows of an archive site that still has it, I would be grateful, if no such luck, please suggest another emulator that I could use to be able to get these older games responding in color.

After knowing and watching that the game can be played in color I can't use VBA and TGB till I can't find a color emulator.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
supergamer

Emulators have a purpose. Gameshark codes are harder to obtain on a handheld device, I could never get a full pokedex because of this reason and I already own a GBC, 2 of them in fact, a trading link and all the pokemon games that existed before the year 2004 and I spent over $150 on all back in those days, its my choice and I've decided to start using emulation for a reason...

I was just after some help.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
Reaper man

bsnes has super game boy support.

You may want to try that.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
supergamer

Reaper Man, thank you By any chance with bsnes which supports Super gameboy are saved files able to be converted, meaning the file extensions changed so I can transfer the files over to TGB Dual and from TGB Dual back to bsnes again.

Most importantly I would like to trade between pokemon stadium 1/2 between TGB Dual and bsnes, is all of this a possibility with the suggested emulator?

Thanks so much for your help
Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
Reaper man

That, I'm not too sure.... then again, I'm about to pass out and go to sleep.

I'll look into it later.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
InVerse

VBA supports Super Gameboy just fine. Having translated a game that had Super Gameboy support and having had to translate the Super Gameboy border, I say that from experience.

I just opened Pokemon Blue in the most recent version of VBA-M and it was in color. You just have to make sure you have 'Automatic' selected under the Options->Gameboy menu. And if you want the border enabled, check either 'Border' or 'Border Automatic' on the same menu.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote