Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
Danoz

Default Re: America Sucks

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Thanks to dumbass Americans' continuing war against reality, we now live in a police state.

<hr></blockquote>

If you credulously use words like “police state” when describing the United States, you’re taking away from perfect examples of real police states in the international scene. North Korea is a police state, where even singing a South Korean song or whispers from a neighbor can land you in a prison camp (which makes US maximum security prisons look the Hilton).

Yep, between the terrorism scare and the methamphetamine scare, Americans are easily controlled by fear.

<hr></blockquote>

Just Americans? People are easily controlled by fear, and have been throughout history. Before international terrorism was the #1 issue in America, and your claim of a “methamphetamine scare”, American citizens raised during the Cold War were thoroughly convinced that a nuclear attack was imminent, and participated in OCD run drills with steel bomb helmets in fetal positions. Whether or not you argue this was government induced fear to gain the collective support of the masses, the modern response to international terrorism is hardly atypical.

Oh, you probably didn't notice it yet. Unless you tried to buy anything that could even conceivably be used to make Methamphetamine, then you get your purchases tracked by the DEA. People, meth use is down from 10 years ago.I bet that fact wasn't part of your media-created view of reality! Why would they try to create a meth scare? Because these are power-minded people, and power-minded people do things like lie to gain more power. This is a hype. This is a power grab. Form a false view of reality, suffer the consequences.

<hr></blockquote>

No offense, but there are simply safeguards in place to make sure a person intent on illegally producing and/or consuming/distributing methamphetamines has a hard time doing so. Who cares if your purchases are tracked down? That, in itself, will never be a punishable offense… so as long as you aren’t using the purchased materials irresponsibly, why would you care?

"Free" country, hahahahaha...

I bet y'all think all people are created equal, hehehe. Well, us people who aren't created equal, and are in fact smarter than most y'all, see things a little bit differently. Have fun, you're setting yourselves up for a heap of trouble. Hope that new oil they found in the Gulf sustains y'all for a year or two. Hope your government isn't full of corrupt cronies, and I hope the descent into selfishness and an illusory view of reality which caused all this in the first place magically disappears, before every corporation goes Enron, tap water smells like benzene, and the US vastly overestimate's its international power and makes a big mistake that cripples its economy!

<hr></blockquote>

Clearly you hope all of those things. Though, this entire last paragraph doesn’t really seem to follow your concerns about terrorism and methamphetamines… I find your posts interesting JadussD, but what is your point?
<P ID="signature">
http://www.oz3d.com</P>
Danoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #12
Danoz

> America sucks. Nobody has freedoms. George W. Bush is a
> piece of shit.

Riviting. We have a bland, unsupported opinion, followed by a wholly incorrect statement with no evidence, and a mundane verbal attack. Your grammar, however, was excellent... I applaud you. Generally a post of this nature would lack the capitalization and punctuation yours does.
<P ID="signature">
Old 09-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #13
Vampire hunter D

> > America sucks. Nobody has freedoms. George W. Bush is a
> > piece of shit.
>
> GRINGOS ARE AWESOME!!!!1111

No, MATA LOS GRINGOS! MATELOS TODO!!
<P ID="signature">--------------------------------------------------------------------------
</img></P>
Vampire hunter D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #14
Cornellius

Well, I do not wish to start a flame war or anything, and I'm not targetting anyone, but as a Canadian, I do think that the Americans think they're the king of the world. Take that war for instance. Why go there ? Just let these fanatics kill themselves, no need for American soldiers there. Why do they full that they must resolve every conflicts in the world ?
<P ID="signature">
</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Cornellius on 09/07/06 05:19 PM.</FONT></P>

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #15
MonsieurSirhan

Default I love the controles! *nt*

> GRINGOS ARE AWESOME!!!!1111
>

<P ID="signature">_- | -_
</P>
MonsieurSirhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #16
CEpeep

Default Re: I love the controles!

Does anybody still have the image that was made after that post? It was a guy wearing a sombrero.
<P ID="signature">http://vote5chuckpoland.ytmnd.com/<font size="-2">WOAH THIS BASS IS INTENSE</font></a></P>
CEpeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #17
Danoz

Well, I do not wish to start a flame war or anything, and I'm not targetting anyone, but as a Canadian, I do think that the Americans think they're the king of the world.

<hr></blockquote>

The simple truth is that Americans believe themselves to be the king of the world, because America is (metaphorically) the king of the world. Politically, economically, and more profoundly militarily—the U.S. is undeniably the most powerful nation with the most influence and ties to the world. Globalization both economic and cultural begins with the United States. We are the “hegemon”, if you will.

Take that war for instance. Why go there ? Just let these fanatics kill themselves, no need for American soldiers there. Why do they full that they must resolve every conflicts in the world?

<hr></blockquote>

It seems to be the perception that with certain power brings certain responsibility. Your statement gives an implication that they’re “all” fanatics, which we know is not the case. I, along with many others, believe in the power and goodness of democracy. The Iraq war prime example of where the application of that belief, though good natured, was both rushed and authorized on false pretenses. Is issue now is no longer about justifying the initial invasion, but choosing the best possible action for both their future and ours.
<P ID="signature">
Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #18
MonsieurSirhan

Default Re: I love the controles!

> Does anybody still have the image that was made after that
> post? It was a guy wearing a sombrero.

I did a forum search, but the image seems to have been removed already by the hosting service.

<P ID="signature">_- | -_
</P>
MonsieurSirhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #19
maq112k2

> application of that belief, though good natured, was both
> rushed and authorized on false pretenses. Is issue now is no
> longer about justifying the initial invasion, but choosing
> the best possible action for both their future and ours.

Bravo. Best way to put it. Although I can't help but believe that the 'false pretenses' of the war were cherry picked on purpose. Granted, I'm a tin-foil hat person when it comes to this stuff. Honesty and politics never go together.
<P ID="signature"></P>
maq112k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:15 AM   #20
JadussD

> Clearly you hope all of those things. Though, this entire
> last paragraph doesn’t really seem to follow your concerns
> about terrorism and methamphetamines… I find your posts
> interesting JadussD, but what is your point?

My point is that America is going to collapse into an authoritarian government due to a deterioration in the core values which sustain it, resulting on one hand in fatalism, selfishness, and ignorance on the part of voters, and more importantly, in the people who are elected to run this country.

My point is that our economy is based on producing excessive plastic crap using finite natural resources and convincing people to buy it, and that conspicuous consumption is unsustainable.

My point is that every great way of life rises at some point, and falls at some point, and that this is cyclical and shows up throughout history. The problem is less Bush, more like the fact that when there's a hurricane, the guy who's running FEMA is incompetent AND (this is pretty critical): thugs with AK-47s are going roving about, acting like they just swept into New Orleans and they run the place. That wasn't even happening in Indonesia after the tsunami; even the Indonesian rebels around Sumatra, for all their reputation of brutal guerilla warfare, horrific massacres, and general skullduggery, know that when their entire fucking city just got owned by mother nature, that its not the appropriate time to break out the automatic weaponry.

America is on a decline because of its values; the constant, obscene displays of looting that occured in New Orleans has as much to do with selfishness and materialism being thrust at Americans by advertisers as it does poverty and the desperation of the situation. Americans are now conditioned to use wealth to surround themselves in their own purchased version of reality, being conditioned to believe that they can turn his reality into anything they can afford, as long as they have the money. In the same way, they are manipulated by the media, who inject profitable values into society through venues like talk radio by, for instance, providing a left-wing opinion, a right-wing opinion, as if the listener should just pick the one he likes best. Thus, the tendency of large masses of people to act in a more or less predictable manner allows the media to maintain its grip on ideas, dividing Americans into Republicans and Democrats. The truth is not sought out. Issues which can be decided by the determination of truth value, such as the existence of global warming (it exists, we're contributing to it, and its a grave problem looming in our near future) become a matter of opinion, as the media creates content by finding someone who's willing to distort the facts and tell people who don't want to believe it exists what they want to hear, in order to CREATE debate on the issue. The post-modern disease is one in which people are made to form their own reality, to redefine what they are instead of merely being who they are, and this drives people away from each other. Human beings become islands who can't even relate to themselves, let alone have non-superficial friendships, loving marriages, or kids who don't correctly think their parents are totally full of shit.

I could go on and on demonstrating how America is corrupting itself, entertaining itself to death, paving the way for its demise. No one's orchestrating it, it comes from within, and it feeds on itself until something stops it. It's a cycle: Crowd takes over, Crowd has democracy. Crowd gets dominated by manipulators. Manipulators corrupt crowd. Society loses any sense of direction, and eventually, things go to hell and you end up with a dictatorship, an empire, or as a Chinese province.
<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote