Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Gatts

Question Importing or finding a Japanese RPG

Hey everyone, got a question for you.

1. I was wondering where to import or buy RPG Tsukūru GB (the RPG maker for GBC) and yes I know it's in Japanese. I've always wanted to just tinker with it even if it IS in another language. It might not be on CD Japan, so any suggestions?

2. As far as from Gameboy (original) to SP, are they all region locked, or can import games be played on the systems?
Gatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
InVerse

You can try looking on Play Asia. There are probably other sites that sell Japanese games but that's the biggest one I'm familiar with. A lot of people buy such things on eBay and Yahoo Auctions Japan.

There's also the option of buying a copier and playing the ROM on a real system.

All of Nintendo's handhelds are region-free, as far as I know. The original Gameboy definitely is and I'm sure the SP is too, seeing as how the GBC and GBA both were as well.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
D--

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
You can try looking on Play Asia. There are probably other sites that sell Japanese games but that's the biggest one I'm familiar with. A lot of people buy such things on eBay and Yahoo Auctions Japan.

There's also the option of buying a copier and playing the ROM on a real system.

All of Nintendo's handhelds are region-free, as far as I know. The original Gameboy definitely is and I'm sure the SP is too, seeing as how the GBC and GBA both were as well.
I don't know anything about the game in question, but I know that some of the RPG Tsukuru games had special cartridges to allow more storage, or additional plug-in carts as was the case with RPG Tsukuru on the SNES.

It takes a lot of space to store the game you make.

I'm only bringing this up because I'm not sure if a common GB flash cart will support this.

You should definitely check into the game to make sure it doesn't use any special or strange hardware before investing in a flash cart.