Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
dasaten

Default Nintendo DS/2sf sound channels.

Hello! I am hoping someone here can help me. I would REALLY like to be able to isolate different sound channels of DS music somehow. I don't know if there is a plugin that allows one to do what NotsoFatso or SNESamp do, namely muting channels, to 2sf files, but it would be great if there is. Or, perhaps is there an emulator where you can isolate channels in game as with ZSNES? Although I hope otherwise, I am betting the answer to both my questions will be no. In that case, let me say that I no nothing of programming or lines of code or anything of the sort. But, if I need to get more technical to do this, I am willing to learn.

Thanks.
dasaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
The 9th Sage

Actually, you can do this with Vio2SF (there are flavors for Winamp and Foobar). Just go into the plug-in's options, down to where it says "SPU X". Each number is a different sound channel...each one that you click on and select (it'll turn blue) will mute.

Get it here if you don't have it. I think the most current one is on the third page currently. Just check each page, doing a search for vio2sf and you'll find it. I don't think anyone knows who is coding this plug-in, it doesn't seem to have a normal webpage.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
dasaten

Wow! That's awesome, thanks dude. Just out of curiosity though, is there any way to mute channels in game with any emulator? The reason I wanted to be able to do this is, I'm a remixer and hearing the channels individually makes it a heck of a lot easier to learn how to play the songs. But, I'd also really like to cover some songs from CV: Order of Ecclesia, but won't be a 2sf of this game until April. Anyway, thanks again!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasaten View Post
Wow! That's awesome, thanks dude. Just out of curiosity though, is there any way to mute channels in game with any emulator? The reason I wanted to be able to do this is, I'm a remixer and hearing the channels individually makes it a heck of a lot easier to learn how to play the songs. But, I'd also really like to cover some songs from CV: Order of Ecclesia, but won't be a 2sf of this game until April. Anyway, thanks again!
I think iDeaS can. And yeah, I wish they wouldn't wait so long to put up the 2sf files. :P

Twitter
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
dasaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Actually, you can do this with Vio2SF (there are flavors for Winamp and Foobar). Just go into the plug-in's options, down to where it says "SPU X". Each number is a different sound channel...each one that you click on and select (it'll turn blue) will mute.

Get it here if you don't have it. I think the most current one is on the third page currently. Just check each page, doing a search for vio2sf and you'll find it. I don't think anyone knows who is coding this plug-in, it doesn't seem to have a normal webpage.
Well, your answer seemed simple enough to me, but I guess I don't really know what I'm doing. I have no idea how to "go into the plug-in's options". I was wondering if you could give me a hand one more time, and tell me how to do this. Thanks again.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:41 AM   #6
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Well, your answer seemed simple enough to me, but I guess I don't really know what I'm doing. I have no idea how to "go into the plug-in's options". I was wondering if you could give me a hand one more time, and tell me how to do this. Thanks again.
Well, Foobar I'm not sure of, but assuming you have Winamp installed, get into Winamp's preferences (on 2.xx style skins you usually can click the upper left corner of the window (or right click a blank spot on the skin somewhere in that window) on the top with the play controls, go to options --> preferences to get there....on 5.xx style skins, I think you can get there by right clicking on the skin).

It's an input plug-in, so look under Plug-ins "Input" for it, then double click it to get to it's options. Also, I believe they show up under "General Preferences" in the Preferences window for some reason, which may get you to them quicker.

The part you click to mute channels is under where it says Output (the Mute box). Any SPU x you click and turn blue is muted (say SPU 1 and SPU 2).

Twitter
Old 12-09-2008, 05:21 AM   #7
dasaten

Yeah, that is exactly what I tried before. But, for some reason when I double click on the plug-ing, it does nothing. Neither does right click, or pressing the configure button. Any ideas?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:30 AM   #8
dasaten

Disregard that last post. I downloaded the most recent version of vio2sf, and it works fine. Thanks! You've been a really big help.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:34 AM   #9
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Disregard that last post. I downloaded the most recent version of vio2sf, and it works fine. Thanks! You've been a really big help.
Certainly. You're quite welcome.

Twitter