Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
xbeardxcorex

Default ePSXe changing from Disc I to II RPG issues

I am playing an RPG and have finished the first disc. It tells me to switch to disc two. I am using ePSXe as my emulator. I have tried both using the change disc function which leaves me with a black screen. I have read that this is the way to do it. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Michael

Last edited by xbeardxcorex; 11-07-2008 at 03:18 PM.
xbeardxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
Reaper man

Please don't make more than one topic about this problem.

Now that's out of the way, I don't recall having any issues with changing the disk, but does it let you save before hand? It may be possible to load up the save with disk 2 already in there and play that way.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
xbeardxcorex

Default ePSXe changing from Disc I to II

It will let me save it before and it does play the second as well. If I attempt to load it from the second game, it will load it where I saved it from the first disc, but as it goes for a short period of time into the anime sequence, it once again tells me to load the first disc. It is true that if you are changing from discs within the same game that you have to use the change disc option?
xbeardxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
kone191

There shouldn't be disc changing in any game from disc 1 to 2 and then back to disc 1.
If you're playing some kind of Final Fantasy -game I'm sure that you don't have to do that.
kone191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
Haoie

This is a common issue.

I hope your game asks you to save the game before switching.

If so you can save the game, then quit. Then pop in disc 2, and restart from there.
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
sephiroth111

your best bet is to use PSX emulator. ePSXe is pretty dead as it is, and it's not very compatible. the best part is, ePSXe *.mcr files (memory cards) are compatable with PSX. not to mention PSX is just overall nicer.

But that's a known problem with ePSXe. someone said it before, just save if they offer the option. if they don't you have to manage trying to enable game specific hacks.
sephiroth111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:01 AM   #7
retroguiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth111 View Post
your best bet is to use PSX emulator. ePSXe is pretty dead as it is, and it's not very compatible. the best part is, ePSXe *.mcr files (memory cards) are compatable with PSX. not to mention PSX is just overall nicer.
No it's not.ePSXe is *not* dead and *very* compatible. I would say that PSX is the emulator of choice if you want something simple to deal with, since it lacks plugins. Otherwise ePSXe is the way to go for most games.

As for the disc changing problem I should be solved either by saving when prompted and then loading the save from disc 2, or doing it the way it would have been done in reality. That means "simulate" changing the discs with the change disc option. The first way is what I've been using the most.
retroguiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
gutzsant

What worked for me years ago when playing Monster Rancher and generating monsters was switching emulators. Simply copy your Memory Card file to an emulator directory that work's easily with disc changing (in my case it was EmuRayden), load your game and play it until you change discs, and when your are able to save your progress again, copy you Memory Card file to the original directory and keep on using epsxe.
gutzsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #9
devilmaycry1979

Pretty sure you save, then load disc 2 via menu then reboot..its been awhile...also I think you may have to even pause the emu after saving..actual save,not savestate.
devilmaycry1979 is offline   Reply With Quote