Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
chiefmonkey

Default PSN

ha
chiefmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
pipes

With this and the cellphone tracking that just got media, I feel richard stallman's ideas about today's stuff calling home is correct and people are only now just rediscovering that fact. Back in the day when the interass 1st started taking off, it was common knowledge that you don't give any personal info online unless you know what you are doing. Now people are thinking, "Well I don't do anything bad so I don't have to worry," or "I don't care." The stupidest fucking thing to enter people's minds today.
It's so fucked up in today's backassword world of stupid. It was like people were smarter 2 decades ago and now it's just gone full retard.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
InVerse

I have absolutely no clue what your correlation is between the PSN hacking and people willfully giving away their personal data. Are you suggesting that you shouldn't give your personal information away to companies' with which you do business? Do you avoid doing business with anyone who requires such information? Didn't you provide your email address to this forum when you signed up?

As for the iPhone tracking, that was a case of information being tracked despite services supposedly being disabled. It had nothing to do with the user voluntarily turning over personal information.

As per usual, you have very strong opinions on a matter you really don't understand.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
pipes

electronic info being stored isn't safe. people don't care. that's my point.
they do now that it is too late
and no I don't want to do business with someone that keeps my info on their crap.
you can keep on with trusting companies. fuck if I care

Last edited by pipes; 04-27-2011 at 11:08 PM.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
InVerse

Information isn't safe regardless of how it's stored. A majority of identity theft occurs due to non-electronic data theft.

What is Sony not supposed to store? Your name? People's names have been kept in publicly available databases since time immemorial. Your address? Necessary for billing purposes. Your password? It's a bit difficult to login to a service if they don't store your password. Your birthday? Required to be obtained by the government when offering services online. Your email address? Whoopedy doo. Keep separate email addresses for personal and commercial correspondence and it's not an issue. Your credit card? Again, necessary for billing. Most people don't want to have to enter their billing information every month. And even if you were willing to do so, the company has to protect themselves against you trying to reverse charges on your card.

So are you saying you don't have a debit / credit card of any type? Are you saying that when you signed up for your ISP account, you didn't provide them with any personal information?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #6
pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnVerse View Post
Information isn't safe regardless of how it's stored. A majority of identity theft occurs due to non-electronic data theft.

What is Sony not supposed to store? Your name? People's names have been kept in publicly available databases since time immemorial. Your address? Necessary for billing purposes.
Maybe for a bill, but not a video game.

Quote:
Your password? It's a bit difficult to login to a service if they don't store your password. Your birthday? Required to be obtained by the government when offering services online.
Big brother?

Quote:
Your email address? Whoopedy doo. Keep separate email addresses for personal and commercial correspondence and it's not an issue.
That's how I signed up here and most places with names that isn't my own. Use 90210 for your zip! I never give my real email to people I don't know. Even if I did know them, I still feel reluctant to give it to them. I hate spam, chain letters(my mom loves these), and whatnot.

Quote:
Your credit card? Again, necessary for billing. Most people don't want to have to enter their billing information every month. And even if you were willing to do so, the company has to protect themselves against you trying to reverse charges on your card.

So are you saying you don't have a debit / credit card of any type? Are you saying that when you signed up for your ISP account, you didn't provide them with any personal information?
Comcast and all of my other bills don't keep my credit card info on file (I should hope). I have to input it every time like how it should be. There is the option to keep it, but I care about them having it. Yes, I delete any cache that keeps form info after I have paid it.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #7
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
Maybe for a bill, but not a video game.
Uh... this was for a bill. Do you think people were giving their credit cards to Sony just for fun?

Quote:
Big brother?
I'm not sure that COPPA quite falls under the Big Brother moniker.

Quote:
That's how I signed up here and most places with names that isn't my own. Use 90210 for your zip! I never give my real email to people I don't know. Even if I did know them, I still feel reluctant to give it to them. I hate spam, chain letters(my mom loves these), and whatnot.
You are a very paranoid little boy. I freely post my email address, unfiltered, on the Internet and rarely get any spam. Most spam is done via social networking these days, anyway, as fewer and fewer people are using email.

Quote:
Comcast and all of my other bills don't keep my credit card info on file (I should hope). I have to input it every time like how it should be. There is the option to keep it, but I care about them having it. Yes, I delete any cache that keeps form info after I have paid it.
I'm almost willing to guarantee that all of those services keep your credit card info on file, based on the experience I have working for such companies. Even if you have to input your information monthly to actually pay your bill, all of that information is saved in case of a bill dispute or such in the future.

Not to mention the fact that your credit card company has all of your personal information and I guarantee that all of that information is stored in multiple online databases as well.

What it comes down to, as has been demonstrated in 95% of your posts, is that you have a very poor grasp of reality. Your view of the world as a whole is so skewed that I can't help but wonder if you don't have schizophrenia.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
pipes

OMG... LOL... god 'n fuck...