Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 03-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
shawn

Default Nice Time

Had a good day today.

Woke up at 10am, fell asleep from 1:00-5:00. Quit smoking today but I'm not sure when, just ran out of smokes and since even the worst cost $4 min a pack and I chain smoke I figured $60+ a week was to much. Now I've been sitting around since around midnight watching anime on the Cartoon Network. I've got a huge cup of coffee, some english muffins, and Deathnote is on with BigO, and Inuyasha coming on soon then I might go to sleep considering it'll be 6am when I usually wake up without an alarm.

It's been a relaxing nice day.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
The 9th Sage

Good luck on the quitting smoking thing. It would save you money, but it would be good for your heatlh too.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Isildur

Yup, good move deciding to quit. I gather it can be tough, but I know you can do it. =)

I need to watch more Death Note. Great series- it realy is like a giant chess or Go match, with Light and L locked in an incredibly intense battle of intellects, to determine who's the more cunning of the two.
Isildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
shawn

Thanks guys, it is tough. I smoke like 3 packs a day average and even though I had no urge I was still awake at 10 am, and not even tired. I bummed a smoke off my new roommate and I went right to sleep so I guess I'll need to occasionally have one but I really don't have the urge but like usual it'll kick in on the second week and I'll have to fight the emotional urge to have one. It's really messed up.

I really like Deathnote to. It's unlike almost any show out there though I think Inuyasha is still my favorite at this time.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Thanks guys, it is tough. I smoke like 3 packs a day average and even though I had no urge I was still awake at 10 am, and not even tired. I bummed a smoke off my new roommate and I went right to sleep so I guess I'll need to occasionally have one but I really don't have the urge but like usual it'll kick in on the second week and I'll have to fight the emotional urge to have one. It's really messed up.

I really like Deathnote to. It's unlike almost any show out there though I think Inuyasha is still my favorite at this time.
Yeah, it's easier to do it gradually it would seem (I know a girl who was trying to quit, and trying to do it cold turkey drove her crazy). And Deathnote rules.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Shadow

good luck shawn :-)

I almost died last spring and survived after 2 weeks in hospital... but I didn't manage to quit smoking. My job was too consuming and when you have no breaks left when you don't smoke it's hard. But now I have reduced my consume from 1,5 packs to 0,5 pack with only 0,1 instead of 0,7 nicotine. So I think the "rest smoking" is just a bad habit.
I hope I can reduce it to 3 cigarettes per day until I just stop.

I feel the difference from chainsmoking to half pack smoking. I'm more refreshed and not too tired. I also see that I don't get ill so fast. But perhaps that's also a result of quitting my former job and becoming a freelancer.

Ah well in Germany I buy my cheapest packs for 3,25 EUR. Thats around 50 EUR a month for me.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
shawn

The best part is actually waking up and my mouth not tasting like crap from chain smoking. That and the $60 in my pocket every week.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
JadussD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Had a good day today.

Woke up at 10am, fell asleep from 1:00-5:00. Quit smoking today but I'm not sure when, just ran out of smokes and since even the worst cost $4 min a pack and I chain smoke I figured $60+ a week was to much. Now I've been sitting around since around midnight watching anime on the Cartoon Network. I've got a huge cup of coffee, some english muffins, and Deathnote is on with BigO, and Inuyasha coming on soon then I might go to sleep considering it'll be 6am when I usually wake up without an alarm.

It's been a relaxing nice day.
Quit smoking, eh? Glad to hear it. I quit smoking twice and both times it was easy. Hope it's as easy for you as it was for me.

I personally quit drinking several months ago and I'm glad I did so; smoking and drinking are the two worst habits, and the world is better off without us having them. As for Death Note, eh...I'm not a fan of the series.
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 PM   #9
shawn

It's not going to be easy for me. I've been smoking for almost 25 years so my body really has grown very used to nicotine. I'm letting myself cheat a bit just to not break all the way and it's also letting me find other things to do with my hands which is a bitch. I think I have to start reading more and just immerse myself into some activity so I won't have time to think about it in the first place.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:41 AM   #10
Haoie

No more death sticks for you.