Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 10-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
Mr.Tickles

Default PC Engine emulation

How do I do it? Magic Engine isnt reading the rom I have.
Mr.Tickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
InVerse

Well, based on the information you've provided, it's either a problem with your emulator, a problem with your ROM, a problem with your computer or a problem with your seat-to-keyboard interface.

1) What version of Magic Engine are you using? Is it the demo, a legitimately purchased version or a pirated version?

2) What ROM are you trying to run? Is it a Hu-Card image or a CD image?

3) What do you mean it isn't reading it? Is it just doing nothing? Is it throwing an error?

4) Have you tried any other emulators?

a) Ootake is a good alternative. It's legitimately free and seems to run a bit faster on my system than Magic Engine, based on a non-scientific test I just did with Bonk's Adventure.

b) Turbo Engine is another free alternative. I've never used it until just now but had no problem loading up Bonk's Adventure. It also appears to run a bit faster than Magic Engine on my system. Both Ootake and Turbo Engine have been updated within the past 6 months, unlike Magic Engine, which hasn't seen an update in over two years.

c) Mednafen & MESS are multi-emulators that support TG16. I haven't used either of them, but they've both been updated this year (which may or may not include updates to the TG16 emulation) so if you don't like any of the other options, these might be worth a shot.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Mr.Tickles

The demo version of magic engine.

The ROM is a folder full of files, though I tried making a disk image and that didnt work either.
Mr.Tickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
InVerse

Are you trying to run a PCE CD game? If so, you shouldn't have a "folder full of files". You should have a disk image. I doubt simply sticking the files into an ISO is going to work, it would need to be in the proper format. I would suggest downloading the game from somewhere else.