Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #81
puduhead
Senior Member
 
puduhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornellius View Post
Why do we always feel the need to classify things ? I've noticed that our parents generation have more problems accepting these things than our generation.
It's very true. I sympathize with the general frustration in this attempt to understand a complex social topic. The younger generation is more adept at comprehending things like this. Age and the culture of which you were raised develops your formative rationale and can be a huge obstacle in understanding present evolution.

I've observed that for older generations, some things are just painfully difficult to comprehend, like incompatible software. And personally, having finally accepted that i'm no longer the youth generation, i can see myself slowly slipping into a new level of misunderstanding on today's relevant changes.

It may not always make sense to my logic, but every new generation becomes the tide society rides. The enthusiasm and quest for new ideas and meaning. It can be very fascinating and exhilarating, albeit, harder to understand for the previous age.
__________________
puduhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #82
FleshCage
Senior Member
 
FleshCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 175
Default

You're the first person I've heard about whose like this. Although... My ex boyfriend used to dress in drag, yet, he was my boyfriend. I respect your choices, cause it's intriguing to me. I broke up with my ex because of how socially unacceptable dressing like a girl is. But his way of explaining to me is that he was comfortable dressed like a girl. It did get to a point where he'd be trying to pick up gay dudes, and that's another reason I broke up with him. A thing my friend used to say before he started to dress like a girl was, that he was a lesbian on the inside, which made me laugh. She used to say that some people are like that. Hell, she even used to say that I was a gay dude on the inside, and that's why I liked my feminine boyfriend. All this is very interesting, but, I don't think it's something to get heated over. I say, if a guy wants to be a girl, but like girls, then by all means do what makes you happy. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" that's what we're all looking for.
__________________

This is the internet. No one exists past your computer screen.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #83
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)
 
Maximum Potion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Châteauguay, Québec, Canada
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshCage View Post
I say, if a guy wants to be a girl, but like girls, then by all means do what makes you happy. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" that's what we're all looking for.
It's really all that matters.
__________________
Metroid: Other M. June 27th, 2010.
Delayed - August 31st, 2010.
Maximum Potion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #84
Reaper man
Member
 
Reaper man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshCage View Post
My ex boyfriend used to dress in drag, yet, he was my boyfriend.
Wait...Balthazar?!

I honestly could never picture him in drag...
__________________
Reaper man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #85
shawn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puduhead View Post
It's very true. I sympathize with the general frustration in this attempt to understand a complex social topic. The younger generation is more adept at comprehending things like this. Age and the culture of which you were raised develops your formative rationale and can be a huge obstacle in understanding present evolution.

I've observed that for older generations, some things are just painfully difficult to comprehend, like incompatible software. And personally, having finally accepted that i'm no longer the youth generation, i can see myself slowly slipping into a new level of misunderstanding on today's relevant changes.

It may not always make sense to my logic, but every new generation becomes the tide society rides. The enthusiasm and quest for new ideas and meaning. It can be very fascinating and exhilarating, albeit, harder to understand for the previous age.

Oh yeah I wasn't mad BTW. I was confused though a bit. Like you said I did find it hard to understand. I like my generation can't categorize the word feel. It has no specific meaning to add to a logical conclusion. I like others over that are over 40 have the problem and privilege of having our hormones slow down/lessen. It does 2 things though, we slow down a bit and we are not controlled by our emotions to such a point and I have had a really high testosterone level for most of my adult life without the anger so it is nice to be more relaxed though I can think very quickly I still find it hard to find the words or how to phrase them the way I intended.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #86
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Oh yeah I wasn't mad BTW. I was confused though a bit. Like you said I did find it hard to understand. I like my generation can't categorize the word feel. It has no specific meaning to add to a logical conclusion. I like others over that are over 40 have the problem and privilege of having our hormones slow down/lessen. It does 2 things though, we slow down a bit and we are not controlled by our emotions to such a point and I have had a really high testosterone level for most of my adult life without the anger so it is nice to be more relaxed though I can think very quickly I still find it hard to find the words or how to phrase them the way I intended.
Yeah, I could see that I guess. I'm glad that you're more calm now. Also, Isildur...that picture begs for a caption of some kind.
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #87
shawn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
Eek. Shawn has always been one of the nicest guys at ZMD. I think this is just a lot to take in at once if one hasn't had much real exposure to LGBT matters beyond the stuff that gets put on TV. And I probably didn't help matters by chiming in -- it's easy to get defensive if you feel like everyone is getting on your back. I understand why Brad did what he did, but Shawn, I hope you come back with no hard feelings. This place wouldn't be as much fun without you.

And I still am. I was never angry. I wasn't attacking or trying to insult anyone including Brad. This subject was like a logic problem without all the clue to myself. It confused the shit out of me. I have my opinion and it is based on the study I did on google for hours yesterday and I skipped anything that wasn't a medical fact or fact based psychology and I found very little actual information except a description of the operation and that it will make any man appear to be a woman and vice versa with the aid of hormones and that the side effects were minimal unless with men a sensitivity to estogen developed after a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Also, Isildur...that picture begs for a caption of some kind.
I know those damn leprechauns hid that pot of gold around here some wheres!!!

Last edited by Reaper man; 09-28-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: quit double posting, seriously
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #88
Fatal Rose
Junior Member
 
Fatal Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali, USA
Posts: 20
Default


Me and my little cousin.
Fatal Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #89
Fatal Rose
Junior Member
 
Fatal Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali, USA
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
ok, someone dared me to do this, so here we go. I present to you, my butt. XD

........
__________________
Fatal Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #90
FleshCage
Senior Member
 
FleshCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 175
Default

And no, Not Will. An ex boyfriend before him. The one right before, actually.
__________________

This is the internet. No one exists past your computer screen.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.