Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
themonkey

Default I have heard of a program called SPC2MOD...

Does any one know of that program? I know of openspc, but it produced many false passages and big sample sizes... and I heard of SPC2MOD. I want to try it. Any one wanna help a monkey find it? I've been searching and I can't find it.
<P ID="signature"></P>
Old 09-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
Slicer S. V.

Default Re: I have heard of a program called SPC2MOD...

> Does any one know of that program? I know of openspc, but
> it produced many false passages and big sample sizes... and
> I heard of SPC2MOD. I want to try it. Any one wanna help a
> monkey find it? I've been searching and I can't find it.

eh... i tried it once, didn't much care for it. i've never heard a better sounding SPC player than Super Jukebox.

unfortunately, Super Jukebox is Windows only, hasn't been updated in eons, and the last i knew was extremely buggy. last update was in 2005, actually, so that's not eons, but it's a while, i doubt we'll be seeing any new Super Jukebox, and last time i tried it will not run under wine.

Uematsu.dll, the SPC core emulator used in Super Jukebox, is also made by the dude who made SJ, and it's all of it closed source... someone should see if he'll give up the sources to let them take a hack at fixing bugs and making it cross-compatible...
<P ID="signature">
My Work In Progress</P>
Old 09-23-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
CEpeep

Huh? Your response had nothing to do with what he asked. He wants a way to convert SPCs to MODs, not play them.
<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">I wish this song was louder.</font></P>
Old 09-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
Slicer S. V.

> Huh? Your response had nothing to do with what he asked. He
> wants a way to convert SPCs to MODs, not play them.
>
i figured he wanted to convert to MOD for the sake of being able to listen to it, if that's not the idea, ignore me.

MOD players are typically better sounding than SPC players, so i figured he'd only be wanting to make them mods in order to listen to them.
<P ID="signature">
My Work In Progress</P>
Old 09-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
Disch

> Uematsu.dll, the SPC core emulator used in Super Jukebox, is
> also made by the dude who made SJ,

Actually..... my understanding was a bit different

The default SPC core in Super Jukebox is not Uematsu.dll, but is rather the alpha-ii SPC core (ie, the same one used in SNESamp -- which is why Super Jukebox sounds exactly like SNESamp). Uematsu, by comparison, is less than great.

Unless it was changed recently -- that's how it was yesteryear when I used Super Jukebox.

*gets Super Jukebox again to listen and examine*

EDIT

alpha-ii is definatly included in the package at least (SNESAPU.DLL). I recall using Uematsu seperately for a project back in the day and it sounded nothing like Super Jukebox does now -- so I'm inclined to think SJ is actually using the alpha-ii core and not Uematsu. Not to mention the audio config for SJ is identical to the config in SNESamp.

Although SJ is sounding crackly when I play it... and I don't see any option to switch between SPC cores...

What settings are you using in SJ, Slicer?

EDIT AGAIN

Perhaps Uematsu is a sort of wrapper for SNESAPU?

anyway... the aboutbox sort of backs me up here:

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

SNESAPU.DLL Version: 2.1
Copyright (C) Anti Resonance.

<hr></blockquote><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Disch on 09/23/06 06:47 PM.</FONT></P>
Old 09-24-2006, 04:13 AM   #6
themonkey

I'm looking for a specific program called SPC2MOD.
<P ID="signature"></P>
Old 09-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
Videogamer555

Me too. I'm looking for a program called SPC2MOD. I can't find it. Typing it into google gives me only 5 links. NO search I've ever done before gave me only 5 links. It must be very rare. But I expect you guys at Zophar's Domain can track down a copy for me to download. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

Well, if the folks at Halley's Comet Software confirmed three years ago that there is no such program, then I'm inclined to agree. They're pretty much the authority on music file ripping and converting.

Speaking of three years ago, there was absolutely no reason to bump this thread which was also more than three years old.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
Lillymon

Agreed. Five Google results (now six since this topic got bumped) most probably means SPC2MOD is like the Atari 6400. It does not exist, not did it ever exist.

Topic locked.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
shawn

Default SPC to MOD

I tried using the other thread but it's locked so I can't respond to it but I used Google and typed not spc2mod but instead spc to mod converter and found there is a program called Openspc that can do the conversion.

Here's a forum page with a download and instructions on how to convert it to mod file if I'm reading it right since I'm no expert nor have I even done anything with any of these formats.

I hope I helped someone out finding this information.

http://www.vgmusic.com/phpBB3/viewto...p?f=16&t=11269

To the moderators/admins, I'm just trying to be helpful to anyone that is looking for a program that converts spc to mod so there is no disrespect intended at all in creating this other thread and you can lock it if you want or move/add it to the other thread. I just wanted to get this information out and the other thread was locked before I could.
Closed Thread