Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #71
FleshCage

ten years? wow. I can see why you'd do it though, people are more harsh to guys than they are to girls.

This is the internet. No one exists past your computer screen.

Last edited by FleshCage; 09-29-2009 at 06:14 PM.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #72
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
I'm almost think this is a huge joke since firstly the one of the last people I'd tell something like this about would be Brad. Sorry Brad but you are not the ultra sensitive type in any way that I've yet to see, you're fun and entertaining but not sensitive since that's the guy side of you telling the feminine side to STFU. I'd more likely go to Ian or Mushroomblue or Isidur because of their tact and sensitivity at least on a subject like this.

Oh? Well you know what?! Fuck you!

1 day ban.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #73
Burzy
Awesome Member

Although I've never done so on a message board, I have lived vicarious lives in a charming online game I've played for 7 years. Its always something that makes my mind spasm in an addictive way, the art of role playing. One cannot help but be enthralled with the different conversation/interactions that you have with people when the face wears a mask that isn't much of a mask after all I cheers to you lillymon, what you feel, is truly , what you are.

*edit , hehe lil tipsy after the wine/ale festival, lol, forgot the pic.
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #74
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Oh? Well you know what?! Fuck you!

1 day ban.
I agree. That rant was just not god damn cool Shawn (to put it lightly). I back Brad up 100% on this one.

Twitter

Last edited by The 9th Sage; 09-27-2009 at 02:52 AM.
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #75
Isildur

Unhappy

Eek. Shawn has always been one of the nicest guys at ZMD. I think this is just a lot to take in at once if one hasn't had much real exposure to LGBT matters beyond the stuff that gets put on TV. And I probably didn't help matters by chiming in -- it's easy to get defensive if you feel like everyone is getting on your back. I understand why Brad did what he did, but Shawn, I hope you come back with no hard feelings. This place wouldn't be as much fun without you.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #76
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
I understand why Brad did what he did, but Shawn, I hope you come back with no hard feelings. This place wouldn't be as much fun without you.
I'm pretty sure after a day he'll be fine. This'll give him just enough time to reflect on what he said. That's why I set it to one day.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:25 AM   #77
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
Eek. Shawn has always been one of the nicest guys at ZMD. I think this is just a lot to take in at once if one hasn't had much real exposure to LGBT matters beyond the stuff that gets put on TV. And I probably didn't help matters by chiming in -- it's easy to get defensive if you feel like everyone is getting on your back. I understand why Brad did what he did, but Shawn, I hope you come back with no hard feelings. This place wouldn't be as much fun without you.
Maybe he hasn't, but him being generally pretty nice is a reason I am a little pissed. He's one who I would think knows better. Hopefully he'll be cooled off in a day or two.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #78
Lillymon

Well, in case shawn wants another crack at this when he comes back (a one day ban was appropriate in my opinion), then I'll be taking on a few parts of the offending post.

Quote:
What!!!! Excuse me for my bluntness but the reason I've heard every time to get this operation is because the man IS attracted to men period, gay on the outside and inside hardcore and unquestionable.
Then maybe you got an unrepresentative sample, or just met some really confused gay men. Either way, this just anecdotal, there is a world outside of the small amount of people you have met personally.

Quote:
That's kind of the part of feeling like a woman is all about. Being a woman is about liking men.
Really? No such thing as lesbians? Or are lesbians not women?

Quote:
If you just feel femine in your views fine but that just makes you feminine like,
Or maybe thinking and feeling like that makes me a woman and you won't stop confusing gender identity and sexual orientation.

Quote:
and like I said earlier you never really struck me as a girl besides what you told us and that image you posted here years ago.
Years ago? What image?

Quote:
Have you ever thought if your feminine and you like women you are like the brother on Neapolean Dynomite. He was very feminine in most of the movie, hell I expected he was going to be gay but he actually ended up not gay.
That's a fictional character, I'm a real person. Besides, there are men who want to express some feminine characteristics of their personality but are otherwise happy being men. Fine, that happens. That's not me.

Quote:
So I guess lesbian trapped in a mans body as a joke I've used for years is right on track for this, though I've met lesbians and they mostly in my area seem more like men than women.
In your area! Anecdotal! Biased! The smaller and more localized the sample, the less representative of the whole it is!

Lesbians can be femme, butch, or whatever Ellen DeGeneres is. They may also be attracted to femme, butch, or *shudder* whatever Ellen DeGeneres is. While it may make sense that the two are linked, and they often are, it is not always the case. It certainly isn't in mine, femininity is a big part of what makes women attractive to me.

Quote:
I guess I don't understand since if you are a man and like women then your a man no matter what. You're not a manly man, your not the classic definintion of a man but you are still a man. Well do what you want but if you like women and you have a psychologist who says it's cool to have a sex change to be one I think it's time for someone to have their psychiatry license checked. Sorry but men that like women that want a sex change should not be told thats fine go ahead.
OK, this part is just wilfully ignorant. I've tried to explain the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation, yet you're clearly going to persist in your own simplistic view of a very complicated and difficult subject that even professional organizations are struggling to understand.

Quote:
I'm almost think this is a huge joke since firstly the one of the last people I'd tell something like this about would be Brad. Sorry Brad but you are not the ultra sensitive type in any way that I've yet to see, you're fun and entertaining but not sensitive since that's the guy side of you telling the feminine side to STFU. I'd more likely go to Ian or Mushroomblue or Isidur because of their tact and sensitivity at least on a subject like this.
He's not the same Brad Mecoli that we saw many years ago, I'm convinced he's changed a lot of the years, and for the better too. He's been supportive and tried to understand despite clearly having his feelings very badly hurt over my revelation.

You on the other hand do not understand and do not seem willing to understand.

Quote:
Nope this decision has no logical sense to it and I've stated why and I'm done, over, finished.
I hope you are. I've done all I can to explain.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #79
Cornellius

Why do we always feel the need to classify things ? I've noticed that our parents generation have more problems accepting these things than our generation.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)

Last edited by Cornellius; 09-27-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #80
Isildur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Lesbians can be femme, butch, or whatever Ellen DeGeneres is. They may also be attracted to femme, butch, or *shudder* whatever Ellen DeGeneres is.
Hey, I thought she was great as Dory in Finding Nemo.

That said, I admit she can be a bit annoying in many other appearances; she often seems to me like she's trying too hard to be funny and to appear oh-so off-beat, without really succeeding at either.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, here's a picture that a friend of mine took of me, during a hike. The grey in the background is the Hudson River reflecting clouds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bnr.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	117  

Last edited by Isildur; 09-27-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Isildur is offline   Reply With Quote