Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 09-28-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
toorima

Default hacks for phone

Hi, I recently found this site, and let me thank you first and foremost it is amazing. I recently downloaded an emulator for my phone (HTC thunderbolt) and was wondering I'd the hacks will work on the roms I use for my phone? I works live to try some of your ff6 ones and chrono trigger as well as others, any help would be great, thanks!!!
toorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
king killa

Uh, yep.
king killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
toorima

Okay, thanks ill try when I get home. I just wasn't sure since I downloaded roms for android and wasn't sure if the roms were the same, or modified for phones.

And this probably makes me sound dumb, but rather sound dumb then be confused. How do you add the patches / hacks to the game you want to play, again any help is much appreciated, thanks!
toorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
king killa

you need an IPS patching tool. There are tons of em.
king killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
InVerse

Assuming you're on Windows, Lunar IPS is probably your best bet for patching. There are 50 other alternatives but it's probably the most user friendly for people that know nothing about what they're doing. Granted, it would be fairly difficult to make a non-user friendly IPS patcher, unless you purposely put stuff in it to be a dick.

And as king killa already said, the hacks should work just fine on phone emulators, for the most part. There are some that might not work, since there are some hacks that only work on specific PC emulators, but those hacks usually suck anyway. Just try the ROM unpatched first to make sure the game is supported by your emulator before you try using the patched version. It probably wouldn't hurt to try running the patched version on a PC first as well, just to make troubleshooting easier. (This is especially relevant to SNES hacks since headers & interleaverization require that the ROM you patch match the ROM used to create the patch.)

I need to try emulation out on my new phone soon, once I get tired of filming my cock in 1080p and farting into the voice-to-text to see what words it comes up with.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
marysan7

Interesting topic keep updating.
marysan7 is offline   Reply With Quote