Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
DarkonMK

Default Metal Sonic Overdrive Ver1.1 Released

A Hack of Sonic 1 for the Sega Genesis by DarkonMK.
contains 6 playable chars, Super mode, New/Remaked Levels, Menus, Megaman X Style Wall Jumping, And many more.
after working on the project for nearly a year, I finally manage to finished it. Instantly the Best Sonic Hack I ever created.

Youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/v/4ld_oS3oA_8

btw Happy Easter!

Credits:
Tweaker: S2 Sound Drive
Nineko: Music release in Sonic Retro
Sonson: Music
GenesisFan64: Door into Summer Music
Markeythejester: Sonic Crackers Music
Quricodido: S3K Music Ports and other music
Esrael: S2 Level Select
Yuski & CS: Metal Sonic Sprites
Selbi: Sexy Peel-out
Mercury: Wall Jump Source Code
MarioGuru64: Somari Sprites

EDIT 5/10/11:
Now works on Regen.

Note:
I renamed Overloaded to Overdrive due to shitty search results
and people might get mistaken with Neo Metal Sonic (Metal Overlord). :P

http://darkon360.webs.com/

Last edited by DarkonMK; 06-08-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Updated to fix important bugs.
DarkonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkonMK View Post
Also crashes on Regen.
I'm betting it also crashes on real hardware too. Maybe you should fix that instead of relying on inaccurate emulators.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
DarkonMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
I'm betting it also crashes on real hardware too. Maybe you should fix that instead of relying on inaccurate emulators.
it works on Real Hardware, I played in Homebrew a shitload of times and everything else works fine, only Regen that makes it not work.

want proof? heres a few emulaters I tried out. SRAM also works.

http://darkon360.webs.com/

Last edited by DarkonMK; 04-25-2011 at 12:05 AM.
DarkonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Who cares if it works on a system that almost nobody owns anymore and won't even twenty years from now?
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
Mike Chambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnVerse View Post
Who cares if it works on a system that almost nobody owns anymore and won't even twenty years from now?
becuase if you're writing code for a certain platform, you should make sure it works on that platform? sounds pretty logical to me. i still own my genesis.
Mike Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
Mike Chambers

DarkonMK: GREAT work on this! i'm loving it.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
InVerse

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Chambers View Post
becuase if you're writing code for a certain platform, you should make sure it works on that platform? sounds pretty logical to me. i still own my genesis.
Who says he's writing code for the Genesis? Maybe he's only interested in it being playable on the emulator that he and his friends used but went ahead and released it for others to enjoy.

If you took everyone who owns a Genesis and has the ability to play ROMs on the original hardware, locked them in a room together and then raped them all, 95% of them would be having sex with another human being for the first time. If you're coding for that audience, you should just kill yourself because your life is meaningless.

The fact that you still have your Genesis means nothing. I didn't say that nobody still owned a Genesis, I said very few people did and even less will over time. If you and your Genesis were to burst in to flames, nobody here would care. In fact, if you die right now, I'm going to celebrate by throwing a huge party and inviting the entire board. Free alcohol, even for minors. There will even be a private booth with a blow up sheep and a midget jizz mopper that cleans everything between uses. So please, just fucking die. The entire board will appreciate your sacrifice for their benefit.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
Mike Chambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnVerse View Post
Who says he's writing code for the Genesis? Maybe he's only interested in it being playable on the emulator that he and his friends used but went ahead and released it for others to enjoy.

If you took everyone who owns a Genesis and has the ability to play ROMs on the original hardware, locked them in a room together and then raped them all, 95% of them would be having sex with another human being for the first time. If you're coding for that audience, you should just kill yourself because your life is meaningless.

The fact that you still have your Genesis means nothing. I didn't say that nobody still owned a Genesis, I said very few people did and even less will over time. If you and your Genesis were to burst in to flames, nobody here would care. In fact, if you die right now, I'm going to celebrate by throwing a huge party and inviting the entire board. Free alcohol, even for minors. There will even be a private booth with a blow up sheep and a midget jizz mopper that cleans everything between uses. So please, just fucking die. The entire board will appreciate your sacrifice for their benefit.
after reading some of your other posts, i can't imagine anybody here would care if you died either. it's a shame i wouldn't be able to use the sheep booth if i were dead, but you'd probably just be hogging it the whole time anyway.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
InVerse

The various people who have stated that they learned to ROM hack thanks to my tutorials would probably disagree. In fact, this very board might not exist if it weren't for the efforts I put into it back in '98 when people lobbied to have it closed after Demi's board re-opened.

I wouldn't need to use the sheep booth, there's a sheep farm right up the road. We could always place your body in the sheep booth, though, so you'd be used in the booth, even if you couldn't personally use it.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
Mike Chambers

you'll put me in the booth over my dead body... oh, wait