Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Radogost

Default SSF sega saturn emulator wont start properly

hi. I try to run ssf emulator and when i launch it all i get is the black screen and nothing happens whether the disk image is mounted or not. it wont start the game and always says the drive is empty. i can chose in between the options but it makes no difference if i change them. i always get a window with black screen. I run a laptop with win 7, intel core i7, and geforce 330M. i tried versions 010 and 012 - both with the same result. does anyone know what is the problem? and could you also provide me with some info where could i get the bios files and/or anything else to get the most from it? and please try to speak simple as i don't know much about emulation, i'm a newbie. alternatively you may suggest another emulator but from what i've read this one supposed to be the best.
many thanks
Radogost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
InVerse

If you don't have the BIOS files, that's probably your problem. But we can't tell you where to get them because it's illegal to distribute them.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
VT-Vincent

SSF doesn't require a separate BIOS file anymore, but you do want to ensure one option is checked if you aren't using one. In SSF's options under the "Program4" tab, make sure the "No BIOS" option is checked. Also, on the first tab (the "Peripheral" tab) make sure your correct CD-ROM drive is selected. If you are using a disc image mounter, your physical drive is probably selected by default. Lastly, on that tab make sure your region is set to match the disc or disc image you are using under the "Area Code" option.

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
VT-Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Radogost

it did now work without bios even when i checked the no bios option but i got some bios files and now its working fine. many thanks.
Radogost is offline   Reply With Quote