Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 12-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Aliencowthatmoos

Default Ninja Gaiden 3 hack

Does anyone know if there have been any hacks for Ninja Gaiden 3 for the NES?

Back in the day the US release was somewhat bungled. The American team didn't just translate it, they ramped up the difficulty to insane levels by doubling the damage you take and limiting your continues to 5 (the Japanese release was infinite).

I was hoping that either someone had hacked the US rom to remove the continue limit and extra damage, or someone had made a translation patch for the Japanese rom. Have you heard of such a thing?
Aliencowthatmoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
hero501

I Can Hacking any game but I don't have this game please give me link to download it
Old 12-23-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero501 View Post
I Can Hacking any game but I don't have this game please give me link to download it
NO.

I know English isn't your first language, so I'm going to go easy on you by giving you a verbal warning.

NO ROM REQUESTS ALLOWED! WHAT YOU JUST DID WAS A BIG NO NO.

If I see it again, I won't be so nice.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Aliencowthatmoos

Oops. No link allowed, sorry.
Aliencowthatmoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
toasterhed

Okay, so I'm hoping it's alright that I'm posting a code here. I really am not sure what the hex address is to change the value of the continues but I'm sure you could find it. At any rate there is an infinite lives game genie cheat. Maybe not continues, but it will serve the same purpose.

SXEKVLVG

Though, it's very easy to find these types of cheats for NES and you can also search for cheats that use the hex addresses if you want. Or you can work on making your own code(s) if there isn't one already.

And this game is already out in English both for NES and SNES (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy). Look for an English version dump?

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterhed View Post
Though, it's very easy to find these types of cheats for NES and you can also search for cheats that use the hex addresses if you want.
It's also quite easy to convert Game Genie codes into ROM addresses that you can permanently apply to the ROM. The Game Genie Decoder Program is one utility that can do this.

Quote:
And this game is already out in English both for NES and SNES (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy). Look for an English version dump?
As he pointed out, there are differences between the Japanese and American releases of the game other than simply what language it's in, though I'm not sure if those changes are also present in the SNES version. Is it a straight port or is are the games enhanced for SNES?

Edit: According to Wikipedia, the SNES version reset the difficulty of to match that of the Japanese games but removed a couple of songs. If your goal is to play part III in English with the original Japanese difficulty, this would be the simplest way to go about it.

Last edited by InVerse; 12-27-2008 at 07:14 PM.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote