Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 04-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
Isildur

Thumbs down Late Night

Is it just me or has it become almost unwatchable? Granted, Conan would be a hard act for almost anyone to follow, but I never really found Fallon very funny or charming to begin with. I tried watching Fallon hosting Late Night a number of times, but lately if I'm up and I need some humor to lighten my mood, I now turn on Craig Furguson.

I miss Conan.
(And yes, I'm a night owl.)
Isildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
Reaper man

try finding something else to do at night, like play a game, browse the internet, fap... or any combination of the 3?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
Is it just me or has it become almost unwatchable? Granted, Conan would be a hard act for almost anyone to follow, but I never really found Fallon very funny or charming to begin with. I tried watching Fallon hosting Late Night a number of times, but lately if I'm up and I need some humor to lighten my mood, I now turn on Craig Furguson.

I miss Conan.
If I do stay up I don't watch late night talkshows. Like tonight on scifi channels is animonday from 11pm to 1am. Otherwise its the Cartoon Network "moral oral, robot chicken, inuyasha", maybe the internet, and a sitcom or Comedy Central if nothing is on Cartoon Network like if Tim and Erics awesome show or Aquateen Hungerforce, or that retarded heavy metal band show call Apocosomething crap is on. That Fapping thing Brad mentioned is good too. :P
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
The 9th Sage

yeah, I'm a night owl too. A bit too much lately though. :P Need to get more sleep. Lately for me the draw has mostly been tinkering with my computer, like my recent overclocking adventures. Worked out great btw.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
Cornellius

Quote:
I tried watching Fallon hosting Late Night a number of times, but lately if I'm up and I need some humor to lighten my mood, I now turn on Craig Furguson.
I've always loved Ferguson. The only Late Night host I can stand. I'm a night owl too

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
coolie

I've watched Fallon for the last three weeks, and, well, he needs a lot of work. I'm a GIANT Conan fan, and he had loads of trouble at the beginning, too.

I dunno. It might take 6-12 months before Fallon's show is any good. I'm willing to give him some time, tho'.

On the other hand, Craig Furguson is superb. He's a really quick wit, and a good interviewer. In light of the new late night climate, I'd say that Jimmy Fallon has a little bit shorter of a leash. When Conan started in '93, there was really no competition. He could grow into the role. Jimmy won't be so lucky.

Quote:

I miss Conan.