Hard: Frustratingly control breakingly hard 7 15.91%
Moderate: Right mix of challenge and frustration. Just right 27 61.36%
Easy: Boring casual gamers zone 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
retroguiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umiliphus View Post
A minor point: If you speak of Donkey Kong Land, that was not the first Kong for Gameboy.
As you say, it's a minor point. But certainly the first by Rare? So everyone should kow which game I'm talking about.
retroguiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
kone191

Based on just what I've typed in here, I'm probably not good enough for that, but pog knows I have to take whatever 2d hopfests I can get these days.[/QUOTE]

When I began playing I was just truly a noob. I died many times in every room. The game is made just to be so hard that you can't finish any room in the game with first try. It may take about 10-50 tries before you make it.
And you maybe need to finish also next room without next save point so that makes the game very difficult.
I think that you can beat the whole game with some practice. Many people can if they don't quit playing.
kone191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
Shadow

Star Ocean 2 (PSX) with limiter off.

If you play normal (earth mode) it is possible to win this game. But with limiter off it's impossible! And there is still galaxy and universe mode...

I'm an RPG fan who wants to get it all and trains until the last quest is solved and the last secret is found. But this is the one and only RPG where I had to quit. None of my friends made it. And they believed I was the only one they know who might have a chance.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
Umiliphus

Quote:
Somethingorother
Oh, I didn't realize it was a joke game. That changes everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kone191 View Post
When I began playing I was just truly a noob. I died many times in every room. The game is made just to be so hard that you can't finish any room in the game with first try. It may take about 10-50 tries before you make it.
And you maybe need to finish also next room without next save point so that makes the game very difficult.
I think that you can beat the whole game with some practice. Many people can if they don't quit playing.
But why would they want to?
I didn't get the impression there was anything special to look forward to, other than cramps from reaching for R -why bother offering customizable controls and joystick-gamepad support if everybody has to press the same totally arbitrary key to continue?- and endless repetitions of the most obnoxious "game over" sound I've ever heard. For something which is going to be so constant, it should be more subtle, or totally silent.

Even that awful Super Metroid hack let me think I had a chance before referring me to some masochist's video clip. And those are pleasantly zany, but yikes, where does anybody find the time to memorize all that?

Last edited by Umiliphus; 10-28-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: I hadn't typed enough words in this thread
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
Triggs

Quote:
That initial Megaman must have been the worst of them, in regards to sadism.
save for the annoying blob monster which took me maybe 10 tries, megaman was not very difficult in my opinion. friends had been complaining about how hard it was, but i didnt have much trouble with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kone191 View Post
I wanna be the guy
yea i saw this game a few weeks ago. it was purposefully made to be a volcanic eruption of cheap deaths and gameover screens. i dont have the patience to deal with, altho it did look pretty fun when you were alive.

coincidental funny excerpt from the IWBTG official faq on the creators site
Quote:
Q: What is this game made in?

A: It's a rom hack of battle toads.

Q: But battle toads wasn't anything like this!

A: It is toward the end? Have you ever got to the end of battle toads?

Q: No but...

A: Then shut your whore ass mouth and take my word for it. I also used a bit of Multimedia fusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Star Ocean 2 (PSX) with limiter off.

If you play normal (earth mode) it is possible to win this game. But with limiter off it's impossible! And there is still galaxy and universe mode...

I'm an RPG fan who wants to get it all and trains until the last quest is solved and the last secret is found. But this is the one and only RPG where I had to quit. None of my friends made it. And they believed I was the only one they know who might have a chance.
yes yes, i never did get around the playing that one on higher difficulty settings because my brother sold it. I did get Till the End of Time and went all through the sphere 211 beating Lenneth and Freya and all. those bosses were so impossibly hard on normal tho i dont really even want to try it on galaxy or universe or whatever. How can you top a 1 hit kill move that covers 95% percent of the field? cap them off with like 300 million hp, new moves and god speed + your parties moronic AI and i just dont see it happening without a gameshark.
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
Cornellius

I want to start a thread about games I was good with when I was young, but that I suck with those now.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 AM   #17
kone191

When I started playing IWBTG I first began medium mode.
My friend told me about this game and he started playing with Hard mode.
I didn't want to be a "wuss" so I also started with hard mode.

My friend was a lot better than me in this game and he beat all the screens in the game expect bosses. So I think that many people can beat normal screens (even with hard mode) but bosses are actually different.

I had more challenge on normal game and going all paths towards bosses took long. But I managed against all bosses !!! (I've got to Guy's 4th form but couldn't beat it yet. Played against Guy now about 4 hours)

P.S Check update on my PC Redesign hack. Version 1.45 available and all way to Ecruteak City is now fully complete.
kone191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #18
retroguiden

Just remembered the original Super Mario Bros 2(Japan) (or also known as The Lost Levels in the rest of the world). That game was so hard Nintendo didn't even release it outside of Japan.
retroguiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroguiden View Post
Just remembered the original Super Mario Bros 2(Japan) (or also known as The Lost Levels in the rest of the world). That game was so hard Nintendo didn't even release it outside of Japan.
Even so, it isn't as hard as this would make you think.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #20
Triggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Even so, it isn't as hard as this would make you think.
I never did play that one. ill have to go check it out some time. yes the japanese believe that we cant handle some of there games they deem too hard. there are instances where theyve released an easier version of a game in the states than they released over there. im not sure but i think its more geared toward rpgs. my brother was doin research into that subject.
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote