Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 09-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #21
Gil-Galad

I have noticed that you post somewhat slow at times. For me it's been even slower lately since I've been pretty busy lately. I haven't even logged in much lately. But now, I thought to come here and do some posting.

Well, my headphones are broken and I need to get a new pair. Sillly me, I dropped my pair and ran over them with my chair when I went to go pick them up. I've been trying to save up for a pair, but don't want to get a cheap pair over at Radio Shack. I miss the days when I used to listen to chip tunes with headphones, they seem to sound a lot better that way.

I never have used an iPod before. If I ever manage to get one, I have a litteral ton of chip tunes that I can convert and then listen to.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #22
Umiliphus

I was surprised how fast I filled the pod. On me Hard Drive, every game has its own subdirectory so I lost track a long time ago of exactly how much dopey music I was keeping around but evidently it's rather a lot. The pod's capacity is "only" 512 megabytes (more like 492, really) but without voice samples I generally can't aurally discern one bitrate from another above 96kpbs or whatever, meaning I can cram more junk (around 200 items, currently) on to the thing than I would imagine most other people could. My tolerance for cheap playback equipment seems to be consistent with this. Prior to this I didn't really ever have headphones that weren't used and sort of broken. I grew up surrounded by broken technology. Maybe when I get famous I will ascend to electronic adequacy, ha ha, weep. Or at least get some more RAM in this thing, great gimpity.

A majority of my posts are impulsive nonsense, but the some of the ones in this thread I had to think about and that's always worth procrastinating over.
Ehhhctually, two months of consistent activity is longer than I've used a forum in perhaps some years. Of course if it was active at its peak levels I'd probably give up trying to follow the proceedings within a week and not say anything. At current there are virtually no proceedings so it's easy to see what, if anything, is going on.

Last edited by Umiliphus; 10-05-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: I believe I confused "bit rate" with "sample rate." I will probably continue to do so.
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote