Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 11-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
suljo4life

yeah I found all that, but the rom wont run.... I think I am to stupid to make this! I think I wont try it anymore....
suljo4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #22
Sintendo

Is it normal that the game crashes when I enter the gate in Kokiri Forest that would take me to Goron City in OOT?

EDIT: Apparently it isn't, but I managed to fix it. I was using a different debug ROM as a base which worked up until you enter that gate. I'm now using the ROM that is linked to in the Readme file, used Tool64 to convert the ROM to the proper non-byte swapped format and patched that. It's working great now!

I played through the first dungeon and I'm impressed. The dungeon wasn't that hard but certainly harder than you'd expect for a first dungeon. The puzzles were well designed, the only problem I had is that the rooms all look very similar (grey walls), which combined with the lack of a proper dungeon map tends to be confusing.

I ended up defeating all three Darknuts in the dungeon (1 in one of the earlier rooms, 2 more in another, with a lot of savestates ofcourse), thinking it would spawn a treasure chest with a key or something...

Also, in the room with the door to the boss, there are two big stacks of blocks. One has a ladder on it to climb to the top, but the second one can only be reached by pushing the blocks. Is there any reason to even go there? I did it, but other than some more blocks, it seems to be useless...

Last edited by Sintendo; 11-30-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Sintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #23
nobodys_friend

Thanks for the complements, I'm glad someone is enjoying the Mod.

Quote:
I was using a different debug ROM as a base which worked up until you enter that gate.
100% my fault, i listed a ROM that was named as though it was in z64 format without checking it's byte order. Error is now fixed.

Quote:
Also, in the room with the door to the boss, there are two big stacks of blocks. One has a ladder on it to climb to the top, but the second one can only be reached by pushing the blocks. Is there any reason to even go there? I did it, but other than some more blocks, it seems to be useless...
The block push puzzle for the final room had previously had an error, which allowed you to skip it completely, those downloading v1.3 and up will find that path blocked off by a time block now.

It's fine to stay with v1.2 but you'll pay for it in the end, since without the hyrule field fix, the Stalchilds still come out at night.

Quote:
I ended up defeating all three Darknuts in the dungeon (1 in one of the earlier rooms, 2 more in another, with a lot of savestates ofcourse), thinking it would spawn a treasure chest with a key or something...
Commonly reported, me nor the level designers ever dreamed anyone would try to defeat those. First one is just to get through the stone wall, and the second set, just serve as enemies to avoid at all costs.

Anyways, all feed back is welcome. Sorry for the previous errors, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Mod.
nobodys_friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #24
Sintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodys_friend View Post
The block push puzzle for the final room had previously had an error, which allowed you to skip it completely, those downloading v1.3 and up will find that path blocked off by a time block now.
Alright, I'm using 1.3 now and I see the block that has been added. I thought of doing it like that for a second, but I wanted to do it the intended way and did the block puzzle. However, you still didn't tell me what purpose the second stack of blocks is. I managed to push the button without even utilizing those blocks (only the ones on top of the stack with the ladder and the one that is already at the bottom), so I'm kinda wondering if they ever served a purpose or are just there for no particular reason. There's nothing on top of it as far as I know.

I'm planning on completing the entire game, but my exams are starting in a few days so I probably won't be able to play much.

EDIT: [URL=http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss00lz8.png][/URL]

This is the 'useless' stack of blocks I'm talking about.

Last edited by Sintendo; 12-01-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #25
nobodys_friend

Quote:
I managed to push the button without even utilizing those blocks (only the ones on top of the stack with the ladder and the one that is already at the bottom), so I'm kinda wondering if they ever served a purpose or are just there for no particular reason. There's nothing on top of it as far as I know.
As I ponder how to fix this in Version 1.4, the short answer is no, I guess since theres a solve possible without the second stack, it is worthless.

This puzzle is the only thing I made in this dungeon, and obviously i did fairly poorly in designing and testing my only contribution.

Please don't let my error discourage any of you from the rest of level.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #26
Sintendo

I wouldn't really bother fixing it, as the puzzle itself is pretty good and in the end it doesn't matter how you complete it anyway.

EDIT: I managed to play some more. I did the defeat all enemies in Hyrule Field challenge, and I thought it was rather neat. I recommend using disabling the 'Limit FPS' option in your emulator if you can, because wandering around Hyrule Field can get somewhat tedious. I also did the spider house on Lon Lon Ranch. I actually did it before Malon in the kindergarten told me anything about it.

I'm kinda confused about where to head now though. I tried going to Hyrule Castle Ruins, but it seems that I probably need something like a slingshot to get through this since I can't manage to hit the very last Keese behind the gate. The first one I could defeat by using a Deku Nut to provoke it to fly over the gate, but the second one seems to be too far away to hit with anything I have now.

I think I found a bug though. It's possible to get through the blue bars blocking the upper path by slashing your sword at the very right side. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the intended way to do it, so I thought I'd mention it. It's not a bug that only occurs rarely either, because I've been able to replicate it every single time I've tried it.

Last edited by Sintendo; 12-04-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #27
suljo4life

Yeahh thx. a lot,but where is this link for the fixxed oot debug???
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #28
suljo4life

please help!!!! if you want send me a message!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #29
spinout

Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo4life View Post
Yeahh thx. a lot,but where is this link for the fixxed oot debug???
In the readme.txt included with the latest release of this patch.
spinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #30
nobodys_friend

Quote:
I think I found a bug though. It's possible to get through the blue bars blocking the upper path by slashing your sword at the very right side.
Thanks for the bug catch, I know what caused it, I'll fix it soon.

As for the second dungeon...

Go to the graveyard at night, and find the grave that leads to the race with dampe. When you win, use the bottle to collect some blue fire. Take it to the lake, and melt the red ice.

When you defeat the second dungeon return to the daycare, pay close attention to what Ruto has to say.

Last edited by nobodys_friend; 12-09-2008 at 06:43 AM.